Are guns basically your only hobby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Celebrating 60 years of pickin guitar
this pic was on my 61st birthday, at Californos in Westport Kansas City, playing the cool black Telecaster. My good friend Max Barnett, well known Joplin gùitar slinger behind me.
I just turned 71 this year and playing the best I ever have on cool vintage guitars and a killer sounding amp rig. Being stuck at home last few years I play guitar. I have good chops, blues, vintage rock. Write alot of good rockin material with my bass player Jason. Do some Red Dirt southern rock and arrange a bunch of good instrumental originals Dixie Dregs and Zappa influenced stuff Holy crap, you get good at it if you practice, who knew? Gnometown Heros Band
" if you cannot do adversity, don't gig"
Frank Zappa
FB_IMG_1532953864995.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right?? If I'm not reading a half dozen books at a time -- sewing/any kind of needlework (right now I'm trying to teach myself to tat. 😵😵😵 I don't get it. At all. But I will. Eventually.), gardening (ALL different kinds but right now if it's about 4 season gardening I HAVE to have it), philosophy/religion (all kinds, not just Christian works), leisure (lots of chicks read romance novels but that **** kills brain cells IMHO. Right not I'm in the beginning stages of the Ingersoll Lockwood series of books -- The Last President is the one I'm working on now), pet/animal care (cuz one can't ever know too much about animals), shooting (of course. Right now I'm re-reading one of Mike Seeklander's titles and dry firing), current events (The Dying Citizen), herbals/foraging ( In another life I must have been one of those gals who lived in the woods and NEVER saw other people -- and if I did, well I hid from them), cooking (esp. baking but I've been wanting to try some African recipes so ... I'm also wanting to start utilizing some of the "weeds" we have in Oklahoma as garden plants. Why not?? A salad is a salad, right?? Why not eat something that grows without any help from me?? 🤷) and re-reading one of the classics (right now it's Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury) -- I feel like I'm slacking somehow ... 🤷

I swear I will be reading a book when I'm on my deathbed ...

I'm pretty certain I've mentioned these two novels before, but before you lay down upon thine deathbed ;) be sure and check out Sundays at Tiffanys by James Patterson and Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz. Two of my very favorites. I don't usually "re-read" books, but I've read both of these at least three times each. Muy bueno! :thumb:

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My hobby has always been learning new things. My wife says i have adult adhd and I get too hyperfocused on things. My mind goes a million miles an hour so with out the hyperfocus im not sure i coukd accomplish anything. In the last few years it has been gardening, making soap, basic leather work, whittling and canning. I also enjoy building things that help us. I built a 12x16 shed with a gambrel roof and some shelves that hold canned food and some for canning that my wife wanted. I enjoy guns and firearms but for me it's only enjoyable when I take my kids to shoot. All of my hobbies are equal, it just depends what day it is and what grabs my attention. At the moment I'm about to start learning how to propagate roses using an air layer method I heard about on here. Next will be reloading ammo and getting a technican license to learn about Ham Radios.
Squirrel!....

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom