Are guns basically your only hobby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeene482

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
It is for me. Although you have to include .mil history in that as well.

I just love guns.

Outside of work and my family, I would say 95% of my discretionary time is related to guns or military history.

I love to travel, but it has to have gun (or .mil) stuff related to it, at least a little bit. Whenever I travel I always hit museums related to .mil or gun history when I can. Went to Paris and London recently. Hit the Imperial War Museum, RAF Museum, Hotel Invalide and National Maritime Museum. Every trip, includes a museum hit, if I can. Going to Austin a couple of weeks. Will hit the Texas Forces Museum (for the 87th time
smiley_abused.gif
)

If I'm watching TV by myself it is gun Youtube stuff. C&Rsenal, Forgotten Weapons, Bloke on the Range, Mark Felton, etc...

I go to the range at least once a week and usually two or three times. I mess around with brass constantly.

Gun shows (especially Tulsa) are my Nirvana.

I confess...I'm addicted and I don't care.

My wife is a saint. She allows it.
icon_smile.gif

in total transparency, I'm 5 Mojitos in and get super chatty
smiley_abused.gif
I can absolutely relate to this! Other than family and work, all other free time I have is firearms related in some way shape or form. I shoot one, sometimes two local pistol matches a weekend if at all possible. All other free time is spent sitting at my reloading press, dry-fire practice, working on/cleaning guns or researching/studying about shooting. Wife also allows it but thinks is a problem/obsession, I think it’s a passionate hobby??

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I can absolutely relate to this! Other than family and work, all other free time I have is firearms related in some way shape or form. I shoot one, sometimes two local pistol matches a weekend if at all possible. All other free time is spent sitting at my reloading press, dry-fire practice, working on/cleaning guns or researching/studying about shooting. Wife also allows it but thinks is a problem/obsession, I think it’s a passionate hobby??
Your next hobby will be sh*tposting in this forum…and arguing, lol

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your next hobby will be sh*tposting in this forum…and arguing, lol

Truth! Haha!

Grumpy has 2 hobbies -- guns and complaining 😉

I have a few -- casual gun enthusiast. VERY casual. Put it in my hands, get out of my way. Shot USPSA for quite a while with Grumpy but then life got in the way. I can barely rack the slide on my 34 ... Oh well ... I do what I can when I can.

After that there are, in no particular order, dogs, cats, chickens, rabbits, quail, anything that can even remotely be classified as a pet. Then there is sewing.

What kind, you say?? All kinds -- tailoring, quilting, historical costumes, home dec (upholstery and curtain/drapes), knitting, crocheting, tatting, embroidery, uhmmm, flower arranging, houseplants, gardening, cooking, canning, fermenting, freeze-drying, dehydrating, any ol' way to put up what I grow ... Or forage. Oh yeah, and foraging.

And reloading -- but only under adult supervision. Grumpy sets everything up, shows me what to do and then I do what I am told. (DON'T -- JUST DON'T ... 👁👁👁)

I also paint -- acrylics, oils, watercolors, have tried my hand at woodworking (and want to do some more of that) ... Mostly contemporary stuff but sometimes I'll wind up doing a landscape or pet potrait ...

I like jewelry making, too, but my eyes ain't what they used to be. 🤷

My favorite hobby of all?? Spending Grumpy's pension. 😋😁

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Truth! Haha!

Grumpy has 2 hobbies -- guns and complaining 😉

I have a few -- casual gun enthusiast. VERY casual. Put it in my hands, get out of my way. Shot USPSA for quite a while with Grumpy but then life got in the way. I can barely rack the slide on my 34 ... Oh well ... I do what I can when I can.

After that there are, in no particular order, dogs, cats, chickens, rabbits, quail, anything that can even remotely be classified as a pet. Then there is sewing.

What kind, you say?? All kinds -- tailoring, quilting, historical costumes, home dec (upholstery and curtain/drapes), knitting, crocheting, tatting, embroidery, uhmmm, flower arranging, houseplants, gardening, cooking, canning, fermenting, freeze-drying, dehydrating, any ol' way to put up what I grow ... Or forage. Oh yeah, and foraging.

And reloading -- but only under adult supervision. Grumpy sets everything up, shows me what to do and then I do what I am told. (DON'T -- JUST DON'T ... 👁👁👁)

I also paint -- acrylics, oils, watercolors, have tried my hand at woodworking (and want to do some more of that) ... Mostly contemporary stuff but sometimes I'll wind up doing a landscape or pet potrait ...

I like jewelry making, too, but my eyes ain't what they used to be. 🤷

My favorite hobby of all?? Spending Grumpy's pension. 😋😁
You're a regular Jill of all trades.

Latest posts

Top Bottom