Are Oklahomans Armed In The Open 1 Year After Open Carry Became Legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrivesGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not carried a sidearm in public since I did security work many many years ago. Showing my age. :wink2: now. LOL. I do have a side arm. A 44 magnum S&W. The holster has a secure strap to secure the weapon. I use a different holster when I go to the range. I keep the weapon secured when at home in a biometric case where my wife can get the weapon if I am away and an intruder should try to gain access to the home. She was a Marine and well trained in all types of weapons. With all the government snooping and monitoring going on, I have been reluctant to get either a CCW or Open carry permit. Once your name is in the database, they can track you when Obama declares Martial Law. Guess the old phase "I may be paranoid, but that does not mean the Government is not out to get me." Oklahoma is a great place. I like it better than Texas, where I was born and raised.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not carried a sidearm in public since I did security work many many years ago. Showing my age. :wink2: now. LOL. I do have a side arm. A 44 magnum S&W. The holster has a secure strap to secure the weapon. I use a different holster when I go to the range. I keep the weapon secured when at home in a biometric case where my wife can get the weapon if I am away and an intruder should try to gain access to the home. She was a Marine and well trained in all types of weapons. With all the government snooping and monitoring going on, I have been reluctant to get either a CCW or Open carry permit. Once your name is in the database, they can track you when Obama declares Martial Law. Guess the old phase "I may be paranoid, but that does not mean the Government is not out to get me." Oklahoma is a great place. I like it better than Texas, where I was born and raised.

I've got bad news man. As a member of OKShooters, you are already on the list. :D

BTW, the CCW licensing is an entirely state run process. The Feds are not involved.

DrivesGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are probably right, considering all the bullets, brass powder and primers I buy. Frankly I just fail to see the reasoning why you need a license to carry a weapon provided you have no prior convictions of felonies. If you are trained in the safety and proper use of a firearm, then why do I have to have a bureaucrat tell me that I should pay them money so I can exercise my 2nd Amendment Rights. To me the OBSI is just another bureaucracy designed to take money from people who are exercising their God Given Rights. You see a similar tactic in Communist China. Churches must register with the Government and only teach what the Government deems appropriate. In my military mind, the same thing is being done here by the OBSI. While it is true SCOTUS has stated that states may regulate firearms, just because SCOTUS says something does not mean it is Constitutional. Look at Roe V Wade as a prime example. To me when the Founders said that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, it means just that. To magically put something in the Constitution that does not exist is just another liberal chip away of our freedoms. While the Oklahoma Constitution does say that the legislature may regulate the right to keep and bear arms, Section II-26 cannot supersede the Federal Constitution. Section II-26: Bearing arms - Carrying weapons.

The right of a citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his
home, person, or property, or in aid of the civil power, when
thereunto legally summoned, shall never be prohibited; but
nothing herein contained shall prevent the Legislature from
regulating the carrying of weapons.

So in my military mind, every time a liberal gets a seat on the city council, the state legislature or the Governor's mansion, we see an erosion of our God Given Rights. Just look what is happening in Colorado. I know I am probably preaching to the choir here and I apologize for digressing from the thread. But unless we vote in every single election, no matter what is on the ballot, the Soros machine will slowly and methodically chip away at the very foundations this nation was founded on.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are probably right, considering all the bullets, brass powder and primers I buy. Frankly I just fail to see the reasoning why you need a license to carry a weapon provided you have no prior convictions of felonies. If you are trained in the safety and proper use of a firearm, then why do I have to have a bureaucrat tell me that I should pay them money so I can exercise my 2nd Amendment Rights. To me the OBSI is just another bureaucracy designed to take money from people who are exercising their God Given Rights. You see a similar tactic in Communist China. Churches must register with the Government and only teach what the Government deems appropriate. In my military mind, the same thing is being done here by the OBSI. While it is true SCOTUS has stated that states may regulate firearms, just because SCOTUS says something does not mean it is Constitutional. Look at Roe V Wade as a prime example. To me when the Founders said that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, it means just that. To magically put something in the Constitution that does not exist is just another liberal chip away of our freedoms. While the Oklahoma Constitution does say that the legislature may regulate the right to keep and bear arms, Section II-26 cannot supersede the Federal Constitution. Section II-26: Bearing arms - Carrying weapons.

The right of a citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his
home, person, or property, or in aid of the civil power, when
thereunto legally summoned, shall never be prohibited; but
nothing herein contained shall prevent the Legislature from
regulating the carrying of weapons.

So in my military mind, every time a liberal gets a seat on the city council, the state legislature or the Governor's mansion, we see an erosion of our God Given Rights. Just look what is happening in Colorado. I know I am probably preaching to the choir here and I apologize for digressing from the thread. But unless we vote in every single election, no matter what is on the ballot, the Soros machine will slowly and methodically chip away at the very foundations this nation was founded on.

I'm with ya 100% especially when you include NFA BS. However, standing on principle only gets you so far. I resisted doing any NFA items for a long time but ultimately I decided paying the BS tax to exercise my freedoms beat standing on principle and being denied my freedoms.

jhiggins1988

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
the open carry law was intended so that when we are concelled and reach for something or bend over and our weapons show then we cant be charged with a crime like brandishing i dont think that law makers intended for most people to be wearing 6 shooters on there thighs. but there should be no law period for people that have never down anything wrong in there lives. especially how long it takes cops to get on scene nowdays

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the open carry law was intended so that when we are concelled and reach for something or bend over and our weapons show then we cant be charged with a crime like brandishing i dont think that law makers intended for most people to be wearing 6 shooters on there thighs. but there should be no law period for people that have never down anything wrong in there lives. especially how long it takes cops to get on scene nowdays

Wrong, it was intended to allow anyone who wanted to carry openly to do so legally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom