Are these people really that desperate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Calm down people. Essentially two idiots needed some spotlight time (mommy didn't love them enough?) and it made the news on a slow-day.

These guys are nobodies
Tyrone Terrell, chairman of St. Paul's African American leadership council
Ron Edwards, a longtime Minneapolis civil rights advocate

Guess what - this made the news too:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...n-college-transcripts-passport_n_2016304.html

The world isn't out to get us. There were less people named in that article as "outraged" over racist overtones than there are in this thread.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took "these people" to mean the people that are upset with the Timberwolves over the racial makeup of the team. I have no idea who they are, but fail to see any issue with the term "these people". Would someone please explain what the issue is?

As for the complaint itself, I fail to see how it's any business of "these people" whom the Timberwolves put on their team. Their argument seems pretty specious in light of the fact that the team still has a higher percentage of black players than the population of the country as a whole, and significantly higher than the percentage of blacks in that region. Are they trying to imply that basketball is a predominantly black sport? Why does a sport have to have a race? Shouldn't it be based on ability instead?

Latest posts

Top Bottom