This is just an observation; granted its probably viewed as completely racist.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has less to do with race than culture. We Americans are lazy, that's why we need unions.
Well, I just quit working abouting 30 minutes ago and took my shower to cool off...What was this lazy American doing..SPLITING WOOD...yes, started spliting wood yesterday morning at 6 am and quit when the themp reached 99..I figured that was enough. I started this morning and just finished..Two day total was about 8 rick of 100 % split pecan. Called me old, bald, dumb, (graduated from Sasakwa University) and even call me an *******...But just don't call me lazy..BTW..I'm one of the OGE'ers like Dennis...Yea, try screwing more that 100 nuts that weigh 80lbs. each on a stud that is over your head..do this while standing on a scaffold board over an open hole..Do this for 12 hours and then ask yourself if you're lazy...I'm finished.....

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously I am wrong, we couldn't survive without all of the highly skilled and even more highly motivated union workers we have here in the country.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen plenty of dead beat mexicans, as well as plenty of dead beat white/black people. I also have seen plenty of hardworking mexicans and white/black people. I am a Police Officer and I wouldnt say that I am a "Hard Worker" simply because this job doesnt really require much "Hard" work, but I typically work 14-16 hours a day between the department and my side security job.

A person's color does not matter, if they are a good, hard worker, they will do great with whatever company they work for. If they are a ****** worker they wont last long.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in the Carpenter's Union when we built the GM building in MWC. I worked my a$$ off. Agree, there are hard workers in every race of color.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
40 years ago I was working in West Tex. on a warranty job on some large Natural gas compressors , as a joke the plt. manager gave me an old Mexican day laborer. He was absolutely the best hand I ever had the pleasure to work with. He did more work in a 10 hr. day than anyone I have ever worked with, was an excellent mechanic, I had him for about 3 months, never late, never missed work, never complained. I have never forgot my experience with him and I gained a great deal of respect for Mexicans which I still have.

Did not want to get into this but I .must agree with your experience. I have not had personal one on one experience but my retired old 86 plus year old uncle had similar experiences in south TX before he retired and he told me often of them. They do want to work and I feel they want to join us. But, then that is my only experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom