Are you one of the 80 percent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't smoke in the closet, nor otherwise. But I will remain amongst the hypocrites.

http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm

Granted alcohol has its problems. Obesity from too many trips to the buffet does too and its probably more devastating to the population than alcohol, but at the current time alcohol is legal and certain classes of drugs are not.

Every family in the US for the most part has been devastated by drug and alcohol and buffet abuse. We all know about the prohibition days and the crime that went along with it.

Its just my honest opinion that the people that have had family issues with drugs/alcohol are the people that are the most against it. The users can always justify why its ok to be a user, and make it legal if its not. Some will say FREEDOM!!!! That's OK but when one considers that those that go off the deep end of drugs commit a lot of crimes to sustain the high that comes with it. Not to say that drunks don't commit crimes, but when one is on meth or heroin and stays awake for days at a time they will do anything for the next high. The drunk lays down and goes to sleep. I'm sure there are some stats out there that show what the level is when they wake up but its late and I'm lazy.
My extended family has had major problems with this crap, and I've worked/lived around a bunch that have also had drug/alcohol problems since the 70's, so I'm not the new kid on the block for these issues. I've seen what it all does to families and co-workers over the years.
Abuse is never going away. There is no legislation that will correct it.

Abusers will still steal and kill for drugs, and alcohol, that will never go away until this country is a glass bowl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom