Armslist people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My psychic powers tell me you're a lowballer. :rotflmao:

I sense (psychically) that you are the hyper-sensitive type, far too emotionally invested in a mere business transaction.
That was a joke but read on mein freund.

BTW - what is a low ball offer? Anything less than you happen to like? What's the name for people selling used goods and wanting full, new good pricing? I'll tell you it is...wait for it..."seller" and it doesn't offend me because I will offer what I think it is worth to me considering market conditions. And if the buyer wants more he could either become offended that someone would dare think to pay less than he is asking or propose that the buyer needs to make a higher offer - or even a much higher offer.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sense (psychically) that you are the hyper-sensitive type, far too emotionally invested in a mere business transaction.
That was a joke but read on mein freund.

BTW - what is a low ball offer? Anything less than you happen to like? What's the name for people selling used goods and wanting full, new good pricing? I'll tell you it is...wait for it..."seller" and it doesn't offend me because I will offer what I think it is worth to me considering market conditions. And if the buyer wants more he could either become offended that someone would dare think to pay less than he is asking or propose that the buyer needs to make a higher offer - or even a much higher offer.

Alle ist gut.

I don't get offended when I get a lowball offer either. I can see being annoyed if I were spammed with such offers but that would make me reconsider my asking price and my target audience more than anything. For instance... if I'm looking to sell something at a gunshow and a vendor asks if what I have is for sale, I typically say "no" or "not to you cheap arses" because I understand they're looking to make a buck and sell it for what I know I can get out of it by selling to a private party.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've made a "low ball" offer or two on here. I generally avoid doing so, but from time to time, it's all I can afford for something I'd really like to have. I usually tell the seller that I realize it's probably worth more than I'm offering, because I specifically don't wish to offend them. I never get dissapointed if I get turned down and I usually wish the seller good luck in selling their item for more, so long as they replied to my offer. I see no reason to not be polite about things. JMO, YMMV

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was selling a 1911 on armslist and I received an offer $250 lower than my asking price. I laughed,.. re-read the offer to make sure I read it correctly,.. then replied "Thanks,.. but Hell no."

You'r always going to get people like that.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't that kinda the whole point of buying used guns??? Get it for the lowest possible price. Coming from the lower end of the tax bracket my only option in most cases is to throw out a lowball. sometimes you get it sometimes you dont. That dont give anyone the right to be an ass in their response.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't that kinda the whole point of buying used guns??? Get it for the lowest possible price. Coming from the lower end of the tax bracket my only option in most cases is to throw out a lowball. sometimes you get it sometimes you dont. That dont give anyone the right to be an ass in their response.

Very true. Sellers who are rude to potential buyers are guaranteed one thing - no sales. If you dont want to sell for my offer fine, but that still doesnt make you a superior person, so no need to act like it.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, the members here are never happy with armslist. You ***** when they are asking to much for something and then you ***** that they lowball your for something you selling. I think more people should take a long look in the mirror. Everyone is looking for a good deal, well except for the guys with a safe full of full autos that can get anything they want. But im willing to bet the majority of people buying firearms are in the bargain shopper group. With more and more people arming themselves your only going to get more and more of those lowballs.

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't that kinda the whole point of buying used guns??? Get it for the lowest possible price.

Thats the whole point of buying ANYTHING. Market price means nothing to a buyer, it is only used as a guideline for a seller to set a price with. At the end of the day, your item is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. There is nothing wrong with a lowball offer, you never know when a seller, might take it. I can remember growing up when my parents were trying to buy their first house. The seller was asking around $100k and my parents offered $35k. Guess what? We moved in by Christmas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom