Armslist people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just look at it this way ... its not a lowball its what this person is willing to pay....I always send a no thanks response...cant blame anyone for trying to get the best price they can....

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I have never been offended when someone responds to an ad with a ridiculous price well below what I was asking. But I can tell you, although it hasn't happened during a FTF with an OSA member, it pisses me off to the point I will just walk away when I meet an Armslist buyer after all the emails agreeing on a price, only to have them try and lowball during the transaction.

I was selling a Springfield SS Mil-Spec 1911 last year and told the buyer I was firm on the asking price and provided excellent pictures. This guy tells me he understands and that my price is well below what it would cost elsewhere. He drives from OKC, looks the gun over and tells me everything looks great. He pulls his wallet out and tells me he only brought this much with him ( 50.00 less than my asking price), I told him to have a safe trip back to OKC, got in my truck and drove home.

My thought has always been.... A closed mouth never gets fed, but don't expect me to be the one that feeds you..

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I think responding back, even if it's a simple "too low", is the best thing to do. Ignoring someone because they sent you an offer on something that hurt your feelings is a bit childish. You can set your own price but it's only worth what someone will pay for it and you get to decide so it's no harm, no foul. Besides, the person making the offer is just trying to save a buck while you're trying to make one and if you say no they just may up their offer to something you'd accept but since you ignored them you miss out on that potential sale. Since you never know at which price point someone going to get all bent out of shape over it's a guessing game either way. That being said I don't make ridiculous offers because I research values before making an offer. However, that often leads to me finding a gun I'm interested in, researching what I can buy it for elsewhere, making a fair offer only to have someone get their feelings hurt because they over payed and I won't over pay to make up the difference, bummer.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have bought, and sold, items here, on other sites, and in person at gun shows, and have never felt "insulted". Some folks forget that this is just a hobby. We're supposed to have fun with his. If someone's offer is real low in my opinion, I'll thank them,maybe share a laugh with them, and maybe even make a new friend out of it.

Of I ever get to the point where I'm getting pissed off because of a gun deal, I'll find a new hobby.

Life's too short to have tender feelings!

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I spot an Armslist ad that I'm pretty sure is also on OSA classified, I always send a ridiculously low offer.
Just to keep y'alls blood pressure up, ya know.:laugh6:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really never had an issue with anyone on Armslist until today. A guy ( email maha2305 ) had a S&W M&P AR-15 .22 pistol for sale. I contacted him last Tuesday about buying it. His last reply was "email me Friday morning" on when we could meet. I did and he replyed that he had sold it. If he had other offers or someone ahead of me ,he could have said come get it now or it's sold. I had planned to get some range time in this morning until I thought I might be buying a pistol. Live and learn.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
lol, I hate OBO...and then they will only take $5 less. Really? Just say firm. I love the negotiating part of buying used for some reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom