Army and Marine benefits cut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the suspension retroactive?

No. Students currently enrolled can finish whatever course they're enrolled in. New applications won't be accepted. If one is in the middle of a degree he/she will need to find alternate means of funding the remainder but at least he/she isn't on the hook for charges already incurred.

dvPete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And this is probably worth mentioning again: The sequestration is not actually even a cut. It is just a decrease in the amount of increase in this years budget. We are actually spending $15 billion MORE this year than last. So why is this so dire?

smoke and mirrors....

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
And this is probably worth mentioning again: The sequestration is not actually even a cut. It is just a decrease in the amount of increase in this years budget. We are actually spending $15 billion MORE this year than last. So why is this so dire?

smoke and mirrors....

Absolutely! Everyone talks about cuts, but I am trying to remember... has there ever been a year in modern history (say... post WWI or II?) when we actually spent LESS than the previous year? Maybe wartime excluded? Of course... there always seems to be some kind of military action going on...

Just curious if anyone knows this info offhand? I'm sure I could find it, but after only two hours of sleep, my Google-fu is shite.

Latest posts

Top Bottom