Army-Navy Store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(Figured this was likely the best forum for this.)

Used to have a great one right by my house that seemed to have just about everything but down here in Lawton there are two and both are fairly sparsely supplied. Anyone else like killing some time in an old Army-Navy store and where are the best ones in Oklahoma? Loved spending time with my kids in them, more like a playground……lots of fun. Here’s my baby trying on a giant coat 😂😂
1697252995475.jpeg

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was one north of Seminole on hwy 99, just south of I-40 and a couple hundred yards east, but I'm not sure if he's still in business. I haven't been in there in over 10 years.

Kenneth Rhynes in Ada is a neat place. They sells more boots and other gear than army/navy surplus, but it's still an awesome dive to prowl around in.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All Pawn & Surplus in McAlester is a neat place. Not too much mil-surp but a ton of guns and other gear with pretty fair prices.

There was one north of Seminole on hwy 99, just south of I-40 and a couple hundred yards east, but I'm not sure if he's still in business. I haven't been in there in over 10 years.

I think that store's been closed for a couple year. Nothing on their FB page since late 2020

Kenneth Rhynes in Ada is a neat place. They sells more boots and other gear than army/navy surplus, but it's still an awesome dive to prowl around in.

They do have a lot of stuff and it's a pretty cool store. I found them to be a bit pricey, though, for what they have.

There's a YUGE Army Surplus store just off I-15 just before you get to Idaho Falls, ID. If you ever get up that way it's worth stopping in. They have a little bit of everything and, if you're like me, you could spend a few hours wandering around inside.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not many years ago, there was a good one in Lawton. It was called Surplus City, and it was near the airport. I hated to see it close.

We had a Surplus City in Duncan back in the day. If they didn’t have it you didn’t need it.

They had new junky stuff in there, but they had real “surplus” stuff too. When I was a Sr in HS I bought a sure enough 100% wool Navy Pea Coat there for about 25 bucks. The earth has revolved around the sun many many times since I was able to wear it. The ex has it now. Probably the warmest coat I ever owned. I found one to replace it 20 years or so ago at a surplus store in N Tulsa in a sketchy part of town. It’s not real navy issue, but the tag says it’s 100% wool and it’s pretty warm, but not like that other one I wore when I had a flat belly.

I’ll be watching this thread for recommendations on a store with real surplus goods and not just junk. I could spend hours in that place when I was a kid. It was a really great place to spend a Saturday morning. It had a very distinct smell to it.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(Figured this was likely the best forum for this.)

Used to have a great one right by my house that seemed to have just about everything but down here in Lawton there are two and both are fairly sparsely supplied. Anyone else like killing some time in an old Army-Navy store and where are the best ones in Oklahoma? Loved spending time with my kids in them, more like a playground……lots of fun. Here’s my baby trying on a giant coat 😂😂View attachment 419865
wish tulsa had a GOOD one. spent a lot of time at ours in tulsa when it was good!

Latest posts

Top Bottom