As I predicted, voting is meaningless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 79 year old mom is a precinct judge. She still picks up all the machines, does the paperwork and turns all that in at the end of the day. Point here is, never stop trying to make a difference. It counts until you die.

I guess that's my "problem" now. The only difference I want to make is right here in my own little 1/3 acre suburban lot. Nothing I have ever done in my life, no matter how honorable my intentions were, has turned out "right". Not one damned thing. Now I'm just doing what I WANT to do and not worrying about anybody else or any thing.

No good deed goes unpunished is not just a funny saying.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before I forget, if you want to sign up for absentee ballots it is very easy. Go to OK Voter Portal and if have ever registered to vote they will have most of your info once you get logged in. You can sign up for any number of reasons.
I voted in-person absentee for years, basically since I stood in line for an hour to vote in the 2000 Presidential election. Last year I started using the mail-in ballots, and I'd just as soon not go back to standing in a line.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being old. Some of the finest folks I know are old. Sometimes we might get a bit too wrapped up in our opinions, but we have earned that right! Grey hair rules!!!
1656648168579.png

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kind of enjoy watching people ***** and suffer then tell me they didn't vote for somebody because of some character flaw. I guess that's the Gen X coming out in me. I'd happily pay the price just to see them suffer under what they voted for.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was raised to always vote and I did that for many years. I am now to the point, some people simply do not deserve my vote. There is NO WAY I was ever voting for Mitt Romney IMO he is just an Obama Jr.

So while my folks always said, “ if you don’t vote dont complain”. I pay taxes so I am gonna complain. Some, or even several candidates are just not worth my vote.

Kind of like THAT Gurl said, “I’m old”.

Try to think of it more like this. There is no politician that we like 100%. Except in my case with Trump. Most the time we’re not gonna agree with a portion of what politicians think. Thing is do they represent us better than the other person, that is the main question. We have to look at this from the perspective of the glass is half full not half empty.

Your distain of Mitt Romney I also had. Same thing with John McCain. The only thing I liked about John McCain‘s attempted presidency run was Sarah Palin as VP. A lot of people didn’t get a true picture of her. None of the Democrats running at the time would’ve been good for this country. And there would’ve definitely been three more progressive liberal Democrats that did not believe in the Constitution and thought it was a living document to be interpreted however the political whims went. That is if Killery had won.

We have to stay positive. It’s hard. These little things add up and it’s a fight for our country’s soul.

Like Ronald Reagan said, freedom is always one generation away from extinction. It was not born in our blood. It has to be fought for. Has to be taught.

And the way the Progressive liberals have a stranglehold on public education they’re doing their best to destroy it.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trying to think of it more like this. There is no politician that we like 100%. Except in my case with Trump. Most the time we’re not gonna agree with a portion of what politicians think. Thing is do they represent us better than the other person, that is the main question. We have to look at this from the perspective of the glass is half full not half empty.

Your distain of Mitt Romney I also had. Same thing with John McCain. The only thing I liked about John McCain‘s attempted presidency run was Sarah Palin as VP. A lot of people didn’t get a true picture of her. None of the Democrats running at the time would’ve been good for this country. And there would’ve definitely been three more progressive liberal Democrats that did not believe in the Constitution and thought it was a living document to be interpreted however the political whims went. That is if Killery had won.

We have to stay positive. It’s hard. These little things add up and it’s a fight for our country’s soul.

Like Ronald Reagan said, freedom is always one generation away from extinction. It was not born in our blood. It has to be fought for. Has to be taught.

And the way the Progressive liberals have a stranglehold on public education they’re doing their best to destroy it.

Yeppers...

...and it is nice to see someone else with a positive opinion of Sarah Palin. Too many associate Palin with that SNL woman that tried to "be her" on the show.

I can't even think of that SNL person's name right now and don't care if I ever remember.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeppers...

...and it is nice to see someone else with a positive opinion of Sarah Palin. Too many associate Palin with that SNL woman that tried to "be her" on the show.

I can't even think of that SNL person's name right now and don't care if I ever remember.
You nailed that. So many he said she said and many don’t realize it was from a SNL. She was pretty remarkable. She had the highest rating of any politician. The constituents up there in Alaska thought highly of her. She was the only thing that I really like about John McCain running

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yeppers...

Tina Fay

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back to the original post for a second. Our voting, and the various contacts each of us have made and will continue to make, played a very large role in the recent SCOTUS decisions, and in the very weak "legislation" passed last month by a ham-strung Congress.

Never stop learning and voting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom