As much as I hated too...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know those little electric space heaters can be used for making Jerky.

Yea youse guys and gals knew that.

I place one in the smoker and cover the top with foil so drippings do not get on it.

I then drape the jerky over the racks or actually used 80 lb monofilament fishing line criss crossed
It hang it on tooth picks or bamboo skewers.

Turn the heater to high and 8 hours later ya have a lot of jerky.

Outside cooking of the jerky.
If it gets way cold outside you can drape some carpet over the smoker to hold in some of that heat.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love this weather. It means the friggin mosquitos will be gone soon. 🎶Die mother🤬 die!🎶😁

I am amazed at how few mosquitoes and flies we have here. I thought we'd be overrun by them. Last summer we had one (1) fly in the house. A few more this year but just a handful. And almost no mosquitoes.

Chiggers are a different story... I seem to have built-in chigger magnets in my body. Wife almost never gets them.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am amazed at how few mosquitoes and flies we have here. I thought we'd be overrun by them. Last summer we had one (1) fly in the house. A few more this year but just a handful. And almost no mosquitoes.

Chiggers are a different story... I seem to have built-in chigger magnets in my body. Wife almost never gets them.
Oh man that bites. As a kid it seemed like I bathed in Campho-Phenique because of the little buggers.

This year the little vampires were crazy for some reason. Been fortunate that we haven't had a problem with chiggers here for several years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom