Assault weapons ban of 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This does not just ban rifles. This will also ban many handguns. This is far more reaching than many realize. There are also alot of republicans that have came out publicly saying they would vote for an assault weapon ban. I don’t believe for a second that this is just posturing.

Regardless of why this is happening, our elected representatives are actively trying to pass laws to strip our freedoms away. They are flagrantly attacking the bill of rights and we don’t do a thing about it. Calling, writing, and voting ain’t gonna do it. Until the government fears we the people again, we will continue to have our freedoms stripped away.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This does not just ban rifles. This will also ban many handguns. This is far more reaching than many realize. There are also alot of republicans that have came out publicly saying they would vote for an assault weapon ban. I don’t believe for a second that this is just posturing.

Regardless of why this is happening, our elected representatives are actively trying to pass laws to strip our freedoms away. They are flagrantly attacking the bill of rights and we don’t do a thing about it. Calling, writing, and voting ain’t gonna do it. Until the government fears we the people again, we will continue to have our freedoms stripped away.

Some... Some of our elected representatives...not all. And some of our elected representatives have been voting for something that diminishes our rights, in one form or another, for over 200 years.

That's not a cop out and I'm not defending it...merely a statement to reflect that this isn't something new.

So if calling, writing and voting "ain't gonna do it", what do you suggest? I've asked that before when someone posts similar rhetoric and I've NEVER received an answer.

What do you suggest we do?

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some... Some of our elected representatives...not all. And some of our elected representatives have been voting for something that diminishes our rights, in one form or another, for over 200 years.

That's not a cop out and I'm not defending it...merely a statement to reflect that this isn't something new.

So if calling, writing and voting "ain't gonna do it", what do you suggest? I've asked that before when someone posts similar rhetoric and I've NEVER received an answer.

I have a suggestion for you, but I doubt it meets community conduct standards. When you're intentionally obtuse, don't be surprised when people treat you as if you really are dumb.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a suggestion for you, but I doubt it meets community conduct standards. When you're intentionally obtuse, don't be surprised when people treat you as if you really are dumb.

So you don't have a legitimate answer, either. Got it.

I'm not being obtuse, Skippy. Call me dumb, obtuse or whatever you wish. But I can look at something objectively without beating my chest and talking big on the internet. Maybe you can't. That's the difference between someone who looks at things objectively and logically and someone who looks at things emotionally.

The fact is, not all of our elected representatives are trying to diminish or restrict our rights. The fact is, some have been trying to since basically the beginning of our country. You'll notice, or probably not, that I even said I wasn't defending it...because I knew someone would come along and call me out like I was. I wasn't wrong.

There is a system in place to deal with these people. If, in one's mind, that system is broken and no longer works, the obvious question is, "Now what?" If you don't have the answer just say, "I don't have the answer. But the system is broken." How hard is that?

It's really easy to talk big about making the government fear the people again and it (obviously) appeals to some people. But if all you got is talk then that ain't solving the problem any more than voting and writing and calling.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever they decide to do, they'll have to send their minions out to collect them. The minions will not survive. After the minions are gone, those who pass such legislation will not survive. That is the way of freedom. It may come to a head in neither Lexington nor Concord, but it will come to a head. My advice to those who would place themselves in jeopardy with such legislation ought to study what happened in 1776 and take heed. Even if those legislators have no intention of enslaving We the people, they would make We the People vulnerable to anyone with such desires. That, too, has precedence in history. In either case, those who would disarm We the People will bear the same guilt as anyone who would attempt to enslave us and suffer the same consequences.

Woody

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would venture a guess that the one's who want the citizens of the US disarmed don't have a clue about what happened in Lexington and Concord. Nor do they care. I'm certain they feel like they're above being questioned about what's right for "the people". They know better than you what's good for you, ya know...

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Mass disobedience and non-compliance of illegal unconstitutional BS laws. The 2A is a God given right, laws of nature, the right to self defense. It is a restriction on the Federal Government which has absolutely no weight, authority or right over it. I see the SCOTUS ruling with the Constitution this way until the Democrats attempt to pack the court.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom