AT&T U-Verse TV/Interweb vs. COX TV/Interweb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well last year I had a knock down fight with cox was having problems like I do every spring and fall. They kept promising to show up and would schedule the time and then no show. They said they would call my number and they use my cell number. They never called once. Finally got one of their contractor out after their hours and the got it all hooked up fine again. After a report to the city of okc I got numerous calls from them to make sure all was ok. Again this spring more problems. This time it is all upload problems with packed loss. Same guy has been out twice in two weeks and one of my neighbor was upgrading his cox and the installer remembered me from the last fall fiasco. And then today I find out the rate has gone up!!!! Most of the time their service is ok when you call them but that damn automated Internet service problem solver really pisses me off.

As for my speed I have been told since there are so few folks on my node I consistently get much faster uploads and download speed than most.

RichardA76

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gonna beat on this dead horse here......

We moved and now have to use AT&T for our services, I must say that they blow Cox out of the water here. roughly same prices and double the product.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gonna beat on this dead horse here......

We moved and now have to use AT&T for our services, I must say that they blow Cox out of the water here. roughly same prices and double the product.

Pay attention to your bill. If it is anything like ours has been it will change monthly. It has taken, literally, 3 solid years of me doggin' their asses month after month after month, and dropping MY phone service (GC still has his phone with them - don't get me started :mad:) and us demanding that they separate our internet and phone bill into separate statements to finally get two months billings that were correct ... :mad: I ****ING HATE AT&T ... If I wasn't married to this danged JBT I'd drop them all together ... :grumble:

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder why we in this country can't have fiber optic cable like they do in other countries that is 200 TIMES FASTER than our pitiful HD in this country? And way better quality. Like 200 TIMES! Rant over. Can't have Uverse here. Don't know if I would want it. See thread about cell phone service... Who was the jackwagon that thought oligopolies were a bad thing?

That's because isp's and cable companies make congress write legislation that protects their business.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get whoever has the best internet connection and fire the TV services, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and iTunes, between those and a TV antenna we are happy. It was a huge leap to commit to killing it all off but the rewards have been worth it. More projects around the house get done now, I am more physically active and instead of plopping my ass down on the couch I get out and am not so anti social. Even with premium pay to play for current seasons of our favorites we are saving money.

Kinda like the landline has fallen by the wayside ,and big tobacco is screaming because the ecig revolution has hurt their profits eventually television service will go to a pay per play model. I can watch shows in any room of my house on any device I own and in most cases on my schedule.

I got selected for a Nielsen survey last fall, and it helped me realize we did not watch TV on the shows schedule and that normal television is becoming archaic and outdated. With the exception of watching OSU football games, and Saints games we never watch live TV anymore. Now we will use those times as reasons to go watch a game at a bar somewhere and be social.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Second, is internet concerns. My speed with Cox is 12 down but I can catch it at 15/16mbps regularly on speedtest. The AT&T quote was for 18 down. Is AT&Ts internet that horrible that it would still under perform what I have from Cox? I do game on occasion so this may be a deal breaker if it effects online play.

If you have Cox preferred you can achieve speeds of 30 down and 7 up. I just upgraded my equipment and finally realized its full potential.

My buddy has AT&T and he seems happy bc he can get some channels Cox just does not offer. His internet seems fine as we game together and he's never complained. I do not know what his up/down speeds are though.

good luck man.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just an FYI. I was contemplating switching from Uverse to Cox. Not for any other reason than to save a few bucks for a year or so. Then I found out that they black out the Thunder games. I've been watching them all on Uverse. Nope....

Latest posts

Top Bottom