Cox......%@$#* !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this subject has been brought up 1000 times so feel free not to reply but I received my Cox bill yesterday and it went up another $16.00 which now puts me at $253.41 per month for "The Bundle" which is phone, internet and TV.

I know a few folks (3) that have switched to AT&t or some other dish type service and have begrudgingly switched back to Cox because they felt afterwards that the grass was not in fact greener on the other side.

Whining seems to have made me feel better so I suppose I'll just keep biting the bullet and writing checks till it gets to the point that I have to sit on the corner begging for handouts in order to pay for my Cox bill. :)

beg.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man like many, I cut the cable on Cox years ago due to them becoming so outrageous. I still have Cox for Internet. But an antenna, a Roku , with Sling TV, Netflix, and Amazon Prime is just fine for our television entertainment needs. And a heck of a lot cheaper. Why do you have to have Cox? Until they get real and start to offer a more streamlined approach to their menu so people can pick and choose better and more economically, I think they will continue to see people cut their cable off in favor of the alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man like many, I cut the cable on Cox years ago due to them becoming so outrageous. I still have Cox for Internet. But an antenna, a Roku , with Sling TV, Netflix, and Amazon Prime is just fine for our television entertainment needs. And a heck of a lot cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have done the same. AT&T for years with only an occasional issue with my bill (everyone makes a mistake no and then) but its resolved with a phone call. I pay $95 for my phone, $30 for internet thats prenty fast to stream my Roku and Netflix stuff while I surf the WWW at the same time. Netflix is $12 and I''m currently using and app on the Roku called AT&T TV (used to be called Direct TV now) an its basically an ala cart channel lineup like my old satellite programming but instead of haveing 250 channels and 230 of them were worthless, it has 86 channels nd I get all the sports and local channels there too Most of the channels have something work watching and it started at $50 and went up to $65 but I kept it because I watch a lot of Discovery, Natgeo, Food network, HGTV...AMC, Paramount and sports. So thats $200 a month. I used to pay that for just internet and direct TV - plus another $150 for phones. So I'm happy with the savings.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cut back to just internet. 1gig was nearly $50/month cheaper than the 250mb I was getting from the same company. Dropped cable, bought a few firesticks, subscribed to a few apps, brought that bill down to $100-ish a month. Cable companies have no interest in cable subscribers anymore. They just want to sell cheap web.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, cut cox cable a couple of years ago, kept the internet. The only thing I miss is the DVR, but with antenna, fire tv, netflix, and hulu it's not that bad. I also have a google chrome cast that I cast network tv shows from my laptop that I have missed. It's taken the place of my DVR except for sports. Only draw back is most the network shows aren't available to view that way until a week later, but I can deal with that. Talking about CBS, NBC, ABC, CW, and Fox. I can't get other cable channels that way though.

My son streams through Playstation Vue and gets everything he feels he wants.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried calling Cox and see if they have any discounts that would apply to your plan? When I switched to Cox almost two years ago, they told me to do that when the "new subscriber" discounts expired, I haven't tried it yet though.

Also, the Cox technician who installed it said their primary service now is internet. A LOT of people are going the route described above, internet service from one place and streaming services from one or more other sources. Most of the time people who do that tell me they save $100 a month compared to cable bundles.

But I haven't tried that yet, either....

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this subject has been brought up 1000 times so feel free not to reply but I received my Cox bill yesterday and it went up another $16.00 which now puts me at $253.41 per month for "The Bundle" which is phone, internet and TV.

I know a few folks (3) that have switched to AT&t or some other dish type service and have begrudgingly switched back to Cox because they felt afterwards that the grass was not in fact greener on the other side.

Whining seems to have made me feel better so I suppose I'll just keep biting the bullet and writing checks till it gets to the point that I have to sit on the corner begging for handouts in order to pay for my Cox bill. :)

View attachment 142452

Just a heads up, you can call them and ask to speak to customer retention. There you can usually negotiate to lower you bill. It will reset the clock on any contracts you sign and any promos usually don't last the entire new contract, but when the promos expire you can call and renegotiate it again. We've managed to hold ours just under $200 for the Contour bundle for several years. It's not ideal but it's better than paying full price!

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
250 for three utilities including good fast internet isn’t bad at all. I’d gladly pay that to get cox instead of the rural horsecrap I have

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We discovered that if you actually go in to their facility the staff there have access to better discount packages than the customer service people on the phone do. The drawback is that you have do go in once every year or two.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep I call ATT each time my phone goes up and ask them if there is a better deal and if i get a NO I say then I do not think I want this ATT anything anymore and I am going to shop for another provider..They then say they will transfer me to customer loyalty department.
Usually pay $76 for my house phone and internet and I wish it was less.
Electric bill $116.
Trash and water. 88 bucks.
Natural gas 29 bucks.
That is all of my utilities and stuff besides Taxes and insurance :(

I wonder how that would look if i was on a well and septic with propane.

Latest posts

Top Bottom