At this point, How are you Planning to vote?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How are you planning to vote today and how do you lean politically?

• Liberal

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Conservative

Votes: 64 32.8%
  • Independent

Votes: 18 9.2%
  • Libitarian

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • Obama

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Romney

Votes: 120 61.5%
  • Other

Votes: 24 12.3%
  • Not Voting

Votes: 13 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are all screwed.

The bottom line on this subject. While I must vote for Romney, as he is the least communist, I do not like it. Ryan is the only light, albeit dim, in the bunch. If you really want separation of church and state, get the gov out of the "social policy" and morality business.

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.....I would vote for a turd in a paper bag before I would cast a vote for Obama.

Kinda reminds me of the South Park episode when they decided a new school mascot should be chosen by a vote of the student body. Their choices? ........giant douche or turd sandwich...... Hits pretty close to home for this election as well.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not just anti-Romney, but anti-GOP as a result of their shenanigans and outright violations of party rules. The amazing part is that Dr. Paul wouldn't have won anyway, but the Party went out of its way to keep him from even being heard.

Not voting for Obama, either, but it'll be a cold day in Hell before I throw my support to the Republicans.

This. if Gary Johnson were on the ballot, I'd vote for him. Unfortunately, Oklahoma is one of the worst states in the nation for ballot access. We do not enjoy political freedom in the state of Oklahoma. Since he's not, I'll leave that section blank and complete the remainder of the ballot. The Tories have proven that they don't deserve my vote.

You would be very incorrect to assume that. However, I assume you think Mittens will change the nature of the handouts. He wont and you know he wont.

Oh he'll change the nature of the handouts alright. They'll be reallocated from the poor to big business. Neither is a good thing IMO. Those dollars allocated to the poor, largely enable irresponsible behaviors. In many cases, those dollars are defacto support for heart disease, lung disease, type 2 diabetes and a host of other ills. As for the tycoons, they use it as a way to tilt the tables in their favor. Much of that money goes to disadvantage small business, despite what the Tories are spouting at their convention. It usually winds up enabling large executive salaries and so-called "golden parachutes". In many cases it's an outright scam to cash in on unviable business models.

Here are the platforms I support:

I believe in fiscal conservatism.
I believe in small government.
I believe in social liberty affected by community and religious standards, not controlled arbitrary and capricious laws.
I believe in an unencumbered form of capitalism, neither enabled nor disadvantaged.
I believe that religion has a place in our society, but that place is not in the government making policy decisions.
I believe that abortion should be discouraged by the community and religion, but that ultimately the woman has the choice.
I'm staunchly pro 2nd Amendment.
I stand for a strong defense, but abhor our long standing policy of expeditionary wars and support for tyrants when it suits us.
I'm against the Commerce Clause being used as a bully pulpit.
I'm strongly against centralized banking and private control of the Federal Reserve.
I'm against printing more money as a way of easing our fiscal pain.
I believe in vigorous application of immigration law, while simultaneously reforming it into a more plausible system.
I'm of the opinion that we have WAY too many laws, and that many of them should be repealed. this should be a primary focus.
I believe we should kick the United Nations out of the US. Let China support them for a while.
I believe in exceptionalism is school. Not everyone deserves to go to college. Someone has to dig the ditches after all.

I could go on, but that's a good start. Sadly, not one person on the ballot even comes close to support for my beliefs, therefore none of them deserve my vote.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all, both "Parties" are full of corrupt, closed minded individuals who have proven beyond a shadow of doubt over and over again that they don't give a rat's a__ about this country and it's Citizens. Granted there ARE some good folks on both "Sides", but they are FAR overpowered by the corrupt careeer politicians.

The whole two party system has bred contempt, greed, and injudtice and has built walls that cannot easily be torn down. Politicians generally don't do the RIGHT THING any more, they do the "PARTY THING" And that is HORRIBLE. One will vote AGAINST what they know is RIGHT because it's not their PARTY'S VIEW....unexcusable.

We need the AMERICAN party back.

Anyway, that being said. I'll vote for Romney as i believe he's the lesser of the evils. In MY opinion if we get Obama again, we're in deep deep trouble. And i'll not WASTE my vote on somone who has no chance in hades of winning because if i do, then that is a vote against Obama wasted. My vote may not mean a damn thing to the Government...but it means a LOT to ME.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He doesn't surround himself with a bunch of communist loving asshats. He's conservative which most oklahomans are. most oklahomans are pro life, most oklahomans oppose gay marriage. those are values that he has in common that Obummer doesn't

financially speaking they are all the same.

what does a women's body and sexual orientation have to do with running a government?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what does a women's body and sexual orientation have to do with running a government?

A lot of people would prefer the government do their handiwork, regardless of whether it has anything to do with running the government or not. Besides, running people's personal lives is so much more fun! :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom