At this point, How are you Planning to vote?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How are you planning to vote today and how do you lean politically?

• Liberal

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Conservative

Votes: 64 32.8%
  • Independent

Votes: 18 9.2%
  • Libitarian

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • Obama

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Romney

Votes: 120 61.5%
  • Other

Votes: 24 12.3%
  • Not Voting

Votes: 13 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
come on,"my savior", really, do ya have to say that? Nowhere in any post ever have you read that im a Obama fan.

You said you were voting for him for several reasons?

Either way, my reasons for not voting for Obama should be quite obvious. The country is a train wreck fiscally, Obama care is the biggest pile of steaming shyte to come out of Washington, we have no real energy policy, and we seem to be bombing people at will. Granted this is just a superficial start to my reasons, but I'm just covering some platform promise compromises made 4 years ago.

Nothing personal, but I just can't believe people are ignorant enough to vote for Obama after the last 4 years.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked all but Romney. I'm undecided on if I'll even vote and if I do, for whom. I know one thing is certain and that is my vote will not be for Romney. Obama scores big with me when it comes to [most of] his social policies.

Infinite kudos to him for repealing DADT and supporting same-sex marriage (which surprises me that many of you "freedom lovers" do not support, as it takes away nothing from the straight community, it only extends our freedoms to more Americans, I thought that was a good thing? I wasn't aware that the true definition of "freedom" allowed for such selectiveness.).

He's pro-choice with respect to the pro-life crowd. (Abortion is not a means of birth control)

He claims to be pro-marijuana decriminalization/legalization, but has actually supported the War on Drugs, so this has basically turned out to be a lie. He's hinted towards making good on his word during his second term. I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath.

He supports Separation of Church and State.

He's a no-nonsense family man. Supports real education and common family values.

What I worry about with him is obviously he and I would butt heads when it comes to his spoken stance on the 2A. He hasn't taken much action on his verbal claims to make me feel threatened, but I'm still keeping my eye on him.

I'm also not a big fan of the Patriot Act as well as many, but not all, sections under the NDAA.

I strongly agree with some and strongly disagree with some other aspects of his foreign, defense, and economic policies, but there isn't a candidate I support 100%, despite being a "Pauly".

If I were to be forced to cast a vote this very minute, it'd be Obama, but really I'm leaning towards just not voting this year. Our veteran heroes fought to give me the right to vote and for the first time in my legal voting age, I'm considering exercising my right to not vote. All that would change if I saw Ron Paul on the ballot. Other consideration is for Gary Johnson.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You said you were voting for him for several reasons?

Either way, my reasons for not voting for Obama should be quite obvious. The country is a train wreck fiscally, Obama care is the biggest pile of steaming shyte to come out of Washington, we have no real energy policy, and we seem to be bombing people at will. Granted this is just a superficial start to my reasons, but I'm just covering some platform promise compromises made 4 years ago.

Nothing personal, but I just can't believe people are ignorant enough to vote for Obama after the last 4 years.

fair enough for me, i can agree on some things.

Im not going to debate or try to defend all my reasons for voting for Obama because frankly im not a fan of wearing out my keyboard.

I think we need a universal healthcare plan, he got it done. I dont like it but its a start.

We needed to get out of Iraq and afghanistan, we kinda did and are slowly. Too slow for me tho.

DADT, thats gone.

Bin Laden is no longer a threat, no matter who gets credit, Obama gave the order.

Toture needed to stop, i doubt it did but publicly he opposes it.

Gitmo needs to be closed, he's letting me down, but its a touchy problem.

Lastly, he got dealt a ****** hand before he took office, he played the cards dealt because he had to, it was his job. Not only that but he dealt with wacko Pelosi, lost the majority in congress, deals with extreme partizan politicians on both sides and gets zero help from congress and only little from the senate.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the old reverse question trick. You really turned the tables on me. You tell me what values Romney has that he shares with OK.

Romneys record that he's running on vs Obamas Presidential record so far.

He doesn't surround himself with a bunch of communist loving asshats. He's conservative which most oklahomans are. most oklahomans are pro life, most oklahomans oppose gay marriage. those are values that he has in common that Obummer doesn't

financially speaking they are all the same. all politicians want to do is spend our money like its half price day at the wh0re house!

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I checked all but Romney. I'm undecided on if I'll even vote and if I do, for whom. I know one thing is certain and that is my vote will not be for Romney. Obama scores big with me when it comes to [most of] his social policies.

Infinite kudos to him for repealing DADT and supporting same-sex marriage (which surprises me that many of you "freedom lovers" do not support, as it takes away nothing from the straight community, it only extends our freedoms to more Americans, I thought that was a good thing? I wasn't aware that the true definition of "freedom" allowed for such selectiveness.).

He's pro-choice with respect to the pro-life crowd. (Abortion is not a means of birth control)

He claims to be pro-marijuana decriminalization/legalization, but has actually supported the War on Drugs, so this has basically turned out to be a lie. He's hinted towards making good on his word during his second term. I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath.

He supports Separation of Church and State.

He's a no-nonsense family man. Supports real education and common family values.

What I worry about with him is obviously he and I would butt heads when it comes to his spoken stance on the 2A. He hasn't taken much action on his verbal claims to make me feel threatened, but I'm still keeping my eye on him.

I'm also not a big fan of the Patriot Act as well as many, but not all, sections under the NDAA.

I strongly agree with some and strongly disagree with some other aspects of his foreign, defense, and economic policies, but there isn't a candidate I support 100%, despite being a "Pauly".

If I were to be forced to cast a vote this very minute, it'd be Obama, but really I'm leaning towards just not voting this year. Our veteran heroes fought to give me the right to vote and for the first time in my legal voting age, I'm considering exercising my right to not vote. All that would change if I saw Ron Paul on the ballot. Other consideration is for Gary Johnson.

Ron Paul is Pro-Life

and for good reason.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ron Paul is Pro-Life

and for good reason.

Which is why I pointed out that there is no candidate whose policies I agree with 100%. Ron Paul just has the least amount of policies I disagree with.

It's better left for a discussion outside of this thread, but an absolute pro-life rule across the board isn't always the best thing.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He doesn't surround himself with a bunch of communist loving asshats. He's conservative which most oklahomans are. most oklahomans are pro life, most oklahomans oppose gay marriage. those are values that he has in common that Obummer doesn't

financially speaking they are all the same. all politicians want to do is spend our money like its half price day at the wh0re house!

Explain to me how "opposing gay marriage" is a "value?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom