Attention LEO's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I ask who Dan Brown is? The article said he was a former cop - so this sounds very much like a power trip thing or that he left the force with bad karma in the air or something. I would think a former LEO would know better.

This is not about karma or power; This is about one thing: Money.

Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you gonna "register" your piece with the BOK center, Mike? :pms2:

What they mean by "register" is similar to what Six Flags and a few other places do; they ask that you identify yourself and inform them that you're carrying in their place of business.

It's simply worded poorly by an uninformed individual.

I don't have any heartburn over that.

Either way, I don't plan on going to the BOK Center off-duty regardless of their policies.

Michael Brown

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What they mean by "register" is similar to what Six Flags and a few other places do; they ask that you identify yourself and inform them that you're carrying in their place of business.

It's simply worded poorly by an uninformed individual.

I don't have any heartburn over that.

Either way, I don't plan on going to the BOK Center off-duty regardless of their policies.

Michael Brown

Yeah, I had to do that at Six Flags last year. I walked thru their detector and the little old man (he was about 70) stuck a little plastic bowl in front of me and routinely said, "empty out all your metal things in here" just like he probably had done so 20 times that day to others already.

I discretely showed him my badge and commisiion card and very quietly replied, "pappy, I don't think all my metal is gonna fit in that little bowl." ;)

He looked at my credentials, nodded slowly as much to himself as to me and slowly said, "oh...ok" as if I had just explained to him the location of the Ark of the Covenant. He then waved over his "supervisor" a pimple plagued kid who couldn't have been no more than 22...23 at the most. :rolleyes2

The "supervisor" explained to me, in his rather pre-teen puberty changing voice, their policy and took me to their security office. There, I was given a form and instructed to write down my name, home address, badge number, my agency's name and address along with my weapon's brand, model, caliber and serial number.

P35

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no more offended that they won't let off-duty police carry their firearm than I am that they won't let me carry mine which is why I never have been nor will I ever attend an event at the BOK Center.

A a life-long Tulsan, I've got to say that I'm pretty much over this city and it's BS.

Bryan

I agree,

Latest posts

Top Bottom