Aunt of thug who was shot invading home "speaks out"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
upload_2017-3-30_19-53-43.png

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Except in your quoted post, but we'll ignore the facts.

Nothing in my quote says all, fact. It was never intended or implied, as I've stated many times. This is same reason Hilary lost the election, and why CNN is the turd of new sources. They take something someone says, and attempt to twist it purely for the sake of disagreement, and then pound it in the ears of all who'll listen. It gets old, weary, and eventually people get tired of it, and switch it off. I disagree with about 75% of what you post, always have, yet I respect your view, I don't attempt to twist or imply, never have, never will. You and I aren't even debating anything, it's you trying to convince me that I typed/meant something that I didn't. You loose.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing in my quote says all, fact. It was never intended or implied, as I've stated many times. This is same reason Hilary lost the election, and why CNN is the turd of new sources. They take something someone says, and attempt to twist it purely for the sake of disagreement, and then pound it in the ears of all who'll listen. It gets old, weary, and eventually people get tired of it, and switch it off. I disagree with about 75% of what you post, always have, yet I respect your view, I don't attempt to twist or imply, never have, never will. You and I aren't even debating anything, it's you trying to convince me that I typed/meant something that I didn't. You loose.

By the way your statement was written, "It's" implied "all". "Some criminal behavior is learned or genetic" would have made your intentions clear.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe criminal behavior can be learned or maybe somewhat genetic. My step dad was an alcoholic durd that had no respect for the law or too many morals. I still remember when I was 8 or 9 seeing my step dad out in the garage making some sort of electro magnet thingy so he could cheat the pin-ball machines in the bar. This was just one incident of many. I wasn't really taught right from wrong all I saw was a man that did everything he could think of to cheat the system. Also remember him making a fish getter out of a crank telephone generator and windshield wiper motor. Not that I blame it all on him but I was sure headed for trouble in my late teens. If it hadn't been for the US Navy I could have very well ended up like one of the bad guys in this situation.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not unusual for people unfamiliar with guns or who don't really think that deeply about self-defence situations to come to those sorts of conclusions. Why do you need a big ol' gun to take him out? Why didn't you just fire warning shots or fire at his limbs?

Of course, we all know the answer to those questions, but the average layperson does not. Their knowledge of gunfights and survival situations comes from action movies and dramas where absurdly calm, invincible and superhuman characters are able to make deliberate disabling shots. These unrealistic portrayals of actual combat situations and the gravity of how dangerous they are lead to these type of questions.

to the uninitiated, the AR-15 is basically a cannon that turns human beings into pulp, compared to the 'more humane' shotgun or pistol.

One must also understand that although you may feel different if your relative was shot breaking into some dudes house, you'd still be upset regardless that your family member was shot. I don't blame the family one bit for being biased in favour of their loved one.

Personally, if a relative of mine did something like that, i wouldn't blame the homeowner for blowing him away. I'd just call it a tragedy and move on. No point in making excuses for the poor decisions that led to the death.

Latest posts

Top Bottom