B-52

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of you know B-52s are periodically refurbished at USAF maintenance depots like Tinker AFB . Even while the Air Force works on a new bomber, it intends to keep the B-52H in service until 2045, nearly 90 years after the B-52 first entered service, an unprecedented length of service for any aircraft, civilian or military.
They say that when the last B-1 is dropped off at the boneyard, a B-52 will be there to pick up the crew and bring them back.

It's pretty surreal to think that some B-52 pilots are flying their grandfather's plane. Not the same type, but the actual same aircraft...

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live about 4 miles from Tinker. See the B-52's enough that I don't even notice them anymore...…well, if I do look and the nose is in a downward attitude while the flight is level, it's a B-52. The newest ones were manufactured in 1963 --- 1963!! They are the 'Cher' of the aviation world.

The operational readiness of the B-1's are atrocious at best. The B-52's are probably the best 'bang for the buck' of any past or current military system.

Latest posts

Top Bottom