Fighter Jets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I worked in Colorado Springs, our office was right across I-25 from the AF academy. The day before graduation, we'd get to watch the Thunderbirds practice runs and they'd bank hard by our building to get back into formation. Rocked us a couple of times! Then a more subdued performance the next day for the graduation.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to work a block away from Miramar. Pretty much everyday was an airshow, but the spectacle definitely went up a few notches when the Blue Angels came to town and started practicing for a public airshow along with the other participants. I never got tired of watching any of it and that ain't no lie.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Lots of fighter jets and other types of military aircraft flying over Midwest City yesterday and today in practice for the Tinker AFB Air Show (Jul 1-2). Interesting that almost none of them show-up on the ADS-B Exchange aircraft in flight radar site.
Trainers are the only ones that I ever see show up on flight radar.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I worked in Colorado Springs, our office was right across I-25 from the AF academy. The day before graduation, we'd get to watch the Thunderbirds practice runs and they'd bank hard by our building to get back into formation. Rocked us a couple of times! Then a more subdued performance the next day for the graduation.
I was living next to I-24 just West of Colorado Springs about half-way up the Ute Pass and watched fully-armed fighters 'round-robin' up & down the highway flying just above I-24 (and I mean JUST ABOVE) on 9/11. No one really knew what was happening at the time (WW III?) so it was a scary thing to watch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom