Bachmann Wins Iowa Straw Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocktogo, Obama could really use your help. According to Gallup his approval rating dropped to 39% in their latest poll.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ing-drops-to-lowest-ever-according-to-gallup/

Personally I am going to keep fighting for the best choice I can get while trying to get better people to run.

Notice I said
I plan to tell them as much, via email and personal appearances at Republican campaign and fundraising events.

The message isn't going to get through to them at the polls alone (even though I'm pretty sure they're too stupid to get it when I tell them directly either). I just wish Oklahoma allowed write-ins. At least then I could vote with a clear conscience, rather than staying home on election day. :(

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not voting is speaking your mind as well. And you save time and fuel which helps the planet stay all nice and green. Regardless of whether you vote or not, things will continue to go to hell in a handbasket.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure this is Photoshopped, but...

a4.bp.blogspot.com__DiECyNwvbhw_Ti14I39S_0I_AAAAAAAACBc_wYHNPI6ebe9ffda4010fef1a2caaf5b6b63032.jpg

Now, I'm In love!! :D

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the problem with all the current gop candidates are they all have the hands out when not on the campaign trail from the fed and then say the fed is bad. kinda like out elected officials here in oklahoma. fed spending is bad. then brag about federal spending being brought to the state.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK I am more impressed with Bachmann after reading this. At least she is telling the truth.

Explaining the unanimous opposition to the hypothetical scenario posed during last week's Fox News/Washington Examiner debate of the Republican presidential candidates, Bachmann said no Republican would take a 10-to-1 debt deal that offers $10 in spending cuts for $1 in tax increases because the cuts aren't "real."

Bachmann said those who try to compare today's crop of GOPers to President Ronald Reagan, who did compromise on tax increases, are overlooking history. She said while Reagan agreed to a 3-to-1 deal of spending cuts to tax increases, the outcome turned out very differently.

"It ended up being $3 in tax increases for every dollar in spending cuts. That's the way it works in D.C." she said. "The deal sounds so rosy at the very beginning and usually the cuts are illusory, they're off in future years ... We can beat our chests and be really proud and say, 'oh we're going to cut trillions of dollars but we can't guarantee what future Congresses will do.'

"That's why no one would take that deal on the Fox stage or debate because we all know that they're fake cuts. Essentially they sound good as sound bites but they aren't real," Bachmann said

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-vile-corrupt-but-can-improve/#ixzz1V4WROTLu

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am SO fed up with RINO's and Chamber Republicans and the so called "religious right", :

If the republican party is to succeed, they must quit the abortion issue, and tell the "evangelicals" to hit the road. I get sick of seeing them pander to those groups, and loose elections.
Those are NOT THE ISSUES THE AMERICAN PUBLIC IS CONCERNED WITH!!
We need incentives to bring jobs back to America by tax relief, close the borders for real, ship the illegals home, and start a program to get them back legally. Maybe its a fast track system if they can prove they have been a productive part of our country vs a burden.
I could go on for awhile, but thats the jist of it.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bachmann won this test vote by 0.90%. That makes it a statistical dead heat between her and Paul. Perry will siphon off some of her neocon supporters but won't win himself because of the Bush Fatigue syndrome. She may gain votes from those who wanted to say they voted for the first black dude so they can claim to have voted for the first female this go round. The anti-war, anti-big government crowd likely will drift over to Paul. Welfare recipients will vote for the black dude again.

Paul wins the chair in the padded circular room. Nothing changes because Congress is filled with asshats. Life goes on. The guy on the tower goes SPLAT!

Time for me to go to work.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom