Bachmann Wins Iowa Straw Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"NBC investigative reporter Michael Isikoff has a story noting that while Congresswoman Michele Bachmann has "forcefully denounced the Medicaid program for swelling the 'welfare rolls,' the mental health clinic run by her husband has been collecting annual Medicaid payments totaling over $137,000 for the treatment of patients since 2005."

"Earlier this week, a Los Angeles Times story noted that Bachmann is a partner in a family farm in Wisconsin that received nearly $260,000 in federal farm subsidies."

"Bachmann said in December that the subsidies went to her in-laws and she never received "one penny" from the farm, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. However, in financial disclosure forms, she reported receiving between $32,503 and $105,000 in income from the farm, at minimum, between 2006 and 2009."

http://www.minnpost.com/minnpotus/2..._bachmanns_husband_gets_big_medicaid_payments

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"NBC investigative reporter Michael Isikoff has a story noting that while Congresswoman Michele Bachmann has "forcefully denounced the Medicaid program for swelling the 'welfare rolls,' the mental health clinic run by her husband has been collecting annual Medicaid payments totaling over $137,000 for the treatment of patients since 2005."

"Earlier this week, a Los Angeles Times story noted that Bachmann is a partner in a family farm in Wisconsin that received nearly $260,000 in federal farm subsidies."

"Bachmann said in December that the subsidies went to her in-laws and she never received "one penny" from the farm, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. However, in financial disclosure forms, she reported receiving between $32,503 and $105,000 in income from the farm, at minimum, between 2006 and 2009."

http://www.minnpost.com/minnpotus/2..._bachmanns_husband_gets_big_medicaid_payments
She's been asked a couple of times about these issues and she just clams up and chants "This is about me, not my family members."
Ed Rollins is doing a great job keeping her on message, so far.
Sooner or later she has to cough up some answers though.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Rupert Murdoch's WSJ ran this story yesterday:

Rick Perry's Crony Capitalism Problem
The WSJ is such a leftist rag. :)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bachman Shmachman -- She is irrelevant. This will come down to Perry and Romney. I think Perry is the lesser of two evils and the only one with any chance at winning the Presidential election. I think even his chances are somewhat slim though.

Yes and no. Who ever the Republicans run has a very good chance of beating Obama as things stand now unless the economy does a major 180 between now and election day. Even the left has started comparing him to Carter. The big question is who we will end up with a complete RHINO like Romney or a semi RHINO like Perry. Personally I would rather have Bachmann then either of the two but will vote for anybody but Obama.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bachman Shmachman -- She is irrelevant. This will come down to Perry and Romney. I think Perry is the lesser of two evils and the only one with any chance at winning the Presidential election. I think even his chances are somewhat slim though.

I'm afraid you're right. I don't know which one is the lesser of the 2 evils though. Romneycare vs. Gardasil, ED, Trans-Tex corridor etc.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's been asked a couple of times about these issues and she just clams up and chants "This is about me, not my family members."
Ed Rollins is doing a great job keeping her on message, so far.
Sooner or later she has to cough up some answers though.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Rupert Murdoch's WSJ ran this story yesterday:

Rick Perry's Crony Capitalism Problem
The WSJ is such a leftist rag. :)

Must be taking lessons from Obama and GE. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom