Backyard Plinking...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RawToxic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have recently gotten into backyard plinking with .177 cal rifles to start teaching the kiddo's how to shoot safely and properly. However, I'm having trouble finding a good source of different types of pellets in the OKC area. Im on a quest to try and find the most accurate rounds for our pellet rifles so I need to find a couple of different brands and types. I now have a good supply of Gamo and Crosman pellet types but I'm still looking for more like H&N, Beeman, and the new hyper velocity predator pellet types (just for fun).

Anyone know of any good places to pick up some different .177 cal pellet brands and types in the OKC metro area? I have already checked the usual sources that I know of as a inner city dweller like Wal-Mart and Academy. I would like to not have to order them online.. I hate waiting for stuff. I hear that they sell some at H&H.. Can anyone tell me what kinds without having to drive up there?

I know most of you shoot real bullets around here but this is a real question.

Thanks!

Milezc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know anything about them but I would give H&H a call they are probably a pretty good bet. They do have a pellet gun range so I would hope they carry what youre looking for.

RawToxic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the cheap stuff and works fine for me. Accuracy is in the shooter not the pellet.

Thanks for the reply.

For the most part you are correct. However, if you change from one pellet type to another, you can sometimes see aiming deviations on a target from the exact same shooting position and you have to readjust your scope for that type of pellet.

Grab a pack of Gamo Tomahawk's with their crap quality control and fun things like bent skirts and mold burrs and tell me how often you can hit a 1 inch square 50 yards away with them when compared to something like a Beeman field target special.

Sorry, but in some cases it does make some difference although not all that much at this end of the velocity scale. Shooting longer distances makes this difference even more apparent. Do you mostly shoot short distances?

RawToxic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, OF. They are actually right down the street from where I work so I went by there during lunch and picked some up. I will say that place is busy at about high noon. The poor guy at the check out area had to announce on the intercom 4 times that someone in muzzleloading area needed help before someone came over to help me. They did not have exactly what I was looking for but I did find some RWS orange scorpions and some infamous black match prometheus pellets. Now i'll have confidence to walk in and check other gun shops now that I know some actually carry them.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Top Bottom