Bacon: chewy or crispy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you like your bacon?

• crispy

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • chewy

Votes: 44 33.8%
  • In my mouth

Votes: 39 30.0%

• Total voters

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That about covers it. If it's crunchy, it's burned, and burned food is not Good Eats. I'm also in for Wright thick-cut bacon, and it saddens me that none of my co-workers have kids in FFA, so I've not had Blue & Gold products in years. :(

There is a B&G order form at the office right now for a co-workers kid and my wife teaches, so I can let you know when their FFA kids are peddling it. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

And you guys that think crispy = burned are breaking my heart, I'm picturing all that tasty pig you guys are under-cooking. If you can't find the Valhalla that is crispy yet not burned, you need PRACTICE Danielsahn!!!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The correct answer is yes. If any of your kids start selling B&G in the Edmond area let me know please.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BAKED is sooooooooooooooooooo good.

Put it on a drip rack with a catch pan to save all that wonderful drippings. Cover with a thick layer of brown sugar and bake at 250' until just crispy. A true slice of heaven. Works best with thick cut bacon, but ANY bacon is gooooooooooooooooood.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BAKED is sooooooooooooooooooo good.

Put it on a drip rack with a catch pan to save all that wonderful drippings. Cover with a thick layer of brown sugar and bake at 250' until just crispy. A true slice of heaven. Works best with thick cut bacon, but ANY bacon is gooooooooooooooooood.

I prefer my baked bacon like I prefer my erections -- straight up. However, thick cut bacon with a layer of a brown sugar BBQ rub on a smoker is one of the best gifts a pig could give.

Latest posts

Top Bottom