Burgers and fries...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a burger and fries at the Sunnyside Diner with the daughter Tuesday and have to say the All American Burger was pretty good. Fries sucked but the burger was worth the money. Well for a yuppie place anyway.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in no particular order:
Dan's ol time diner in OKC
Scott's in Bixby
Tastee freeze in Skiatook
Five guys for a chain place

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Five guys for a chain place
They make a really good burger for a big chain, but they've gotten way too spendy, and they've gotten chintzy with the fries--they used to dang near fill the bag with fries, but now you're lucky if they fill the cup. The last time I ate there, it cost more for the fries than you'd pay for an 8lb bag of potatoes, too.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't been in about a month but the Five Guys in Norman over by Target is pretty much our go to burger place.....so far (knock on wood) we've never been disappointed.

Two 2 patty cheeseburgers, one medium order of fries (a bunch) with a large tea and we're both full as ticks when we leave.....going by memory I'm thinking it runs us right at $33.00 or so.

5g.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the day, the Hickory Pit in Claremore had a double meat double cheese burger with a side of tots or onion rings that was excellent. I guess Scott`s in Bixby makes a good cheeseburger and some of the best onion rings I`ve ever had...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't been in about a month but the Five Guys in Norman over by Target is pretty much our go to burger place.....so far (knock on wood) we've never been disappointed.

Two 2 patty cheeseburgers, one medium order of fries (a bunch) with a large tea and we're both full as ticks when we leave.....going by memory I'm thinking it runs us right at $33.00 or so.

View attachment 467877

$33 for that combination?

I'll stick with burgers at Braums and have ice cream afterwards and pay less for two burgers and two orders of fries. Granted, we get the #12, which is smaller burgers, but we don't need to eat as much as we used to do.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$33 for that combination?

I'll stick with burgers at Braums and have ice cream afterwards and pay less for two burgers and two orders of fries. Granted, we get the #12, which is smaller burgers, but we don't need to eat as much as we used to do.

Yeah, that sounded kinda high to me too. My youngest daughter was wanting to go to Reba's in Atoka...until she read the menu. $17 for a freakin cheeseburger! :faint:

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that sounded kinda high to me too. My youngest daughter was wanting to go to Reba's in Atoka...until she read the menu. $17 for a freakin cheeseburger! :faint:

I had a job with the Choctaws one morning in Durant. So on the way home decided to try Reba’s out. Place looks fantastic. They had plenty of help.

Decided on the Meatloaf, almost always a favorite.

The tribe had paid me real well and I was feeling rich so I decided $22 for a fancy yuppie meal was okay. Big big big big mistake. I didn’t know you could mess up meatloaf so bad.

The thing that was upsetting was nobody cared that I didn’t like it. They asked if everything was okay and I said no this is nasty. They just turned around and walked off. Won’t bore anyone with what happened after that.

But I’ll never go back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom