Bad Experience At Big Boys Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Chris Kyle loved to shoot with others, share his weapons. Just say’n. I personally never hand somebody else I don’t know one of my weapons, and I don’t know anybody lol.

Yeah, Chris Kyle also lied quite a lot, wasn't a real great all around guy either that just killed quite a lot of brown people, and got some recognition for it.

Thing is that in a controlled setting such as a range, with newer people that obviously are afraid to ask, or get some hands on experience are that way due to people such as yourself.

Don't take that as a jab, it is how you make people feel welcome and enjoy the hobby...maybe make some new friends.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been to H&H and Big Boys many times and I have always had good experiences. Sometimes if we go looking to be offended, it happens.

I dont like H&H just because I get people in the parking lot always wanting to buy my vector, and it is quite obvious it will be used for a felony.

Added that they are pretty damn expensive, but I will say I did go back up there a couple months ago and they were nice. Not judging like last time.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me it is that new shooters or even ones that just want to be around people are there and some are with their kids that aint really into shooting a rossi 22lr and the new tarus G3C dad just bought.

At Canadian ranges lots of us share with them, I know I always do with teenage or younger so they can experience something they always wanted.

I am one of those people that gets the cool stuff lol. Got a vector pistol, and the rifle, and RFB and just fun stuff.

Which I dont mind if someone comes up and asks. I always hand them a mag.
I love when I get to pay it forward when I get a chance at the range. I almost get as much joy watching other peoples faces light up shooting one of my pride and joys. I remember all the times someone let me try out a new or cool gun; it really fed into my addiction lol.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love when I get to pay it forward when I get a chance at the range. I almost get as much joy watching other peoples faces light up shooting one of my pride and joys. I remember all the times someone let me try out a new or cool gun; it really fed into my addiction lol.

Right?! That is what it is about, let's face it, new firearms that are gonna be fun and useful are 1000 dollars....just for the gun!

Then you have all the optics, mags, bipod, rail covers and blah blah just to get it usable. People usually can't afford that, and hey....what is a little more carbon on the bolt?

Plus the happiness in kids eyes. That....that alone makes it worth it.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hit or miss, generally speaking, for us. We typically use H&H because they are the closest but also have a lifetime membership at what used to be Henry's.

I also LOVES going out to Canadian Valley. Harry was a sweetheart!! 😍

With Canadian Ranges, honestly after a while that old man gets used to you and only comes by to make sure you are having a good time.

We have a group of at least 3 each time we go, and he doesn't really do the song and dance with us anymore.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't mind letting other people shoot my guns, and I sure like to try out others'.

I do have a problem with some wannabe hall monitor eyeballing me like he wants to kick me out or something.

Happy Hollow was like that the one time I went there back in the early 90s.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind letting other people shoot my guns, and I sure like to try out others'.

I do have a problem with some wannabe hall monitor eyeballing me like he wants to kick me out or something.

Happy Hollow was like that the one time I went there back in the early 90s.
Like I said, I really think that all the dangerous people have just jaded them, bad boys had someone commit suicide even.

Have to be a little empathic is all

Latest posts

Top Bottom