Bad Experience At Big Boys Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont like H&H just because I get people in the parking lot always wanting to buy my vector, and it is quite obvious it will be used for a felony.

Added that they are pretty damn expensive, but I will say I did go back up there a couple months ago and they were nice. Not judging like last time.
I just wanted to use the line, what’s your vector victor?

zotis

Marksman
Reaction score
To be the devils advocate, you have to imagine the amount of unsafe people show up there on a daily basis, and I ain't saying that to let them off the hook.

The only ranges I have found in and around okc metro is

Canadian ranges in Yukon

The range in Lexington

With Canadian ranges that old man can be a real mofo, however he takes a pretty hands off approach unless you are in front of the yellow line when the range is ment to be safe, or you fire more than 1 a second.

Other than that, if you are early (as soon as they open) and leave before noon....you should be ok.

And that’s fair, I don’t mind him being concerned for safety. I adhered to the range rules, I wasn’t trying to go be tommy tactical and shoot the ceiling or mag dump. Actually I was function checking a gun I had just built my dad and we tried out that range because a buddy had just moved to mustang. I did buy a 9mm end cap for one of my cans and a pre-ban colt sporter while I was there that was a nice find. I just didn’t take kindly to the grumpy RSO overdoing it staring at me.

I’ll be the first to admit I fall into the 33% of shoppers in the “customer service” category, possibly a fault but it doesn’t take too much to turn me sour to a business.

Range Plunker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would suggest one bad experience not ruin the opportunity to use a range. How many times have we all gone to a restaurant and been treated with an excellent meal; then, return, and be disappointed. The same should apply to Big Boys and other ranges in the area. Moreover, employees have bad days, and so do customers.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's hit or miss, generally speaking, for us. We typically use H&H because they are the closest but also have a lifetime membership at what used to be Henry's.

I also LOVES going out to Canadian Valley. Harry was a sweetheart!! 😍
I think they are talking about the new old man. Harry only cared about 1 round a second…

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would suggest one bad experience not ruin the opportunity to use a range. How many times have we all gone to a restaurant and been treated with an excellent meal; then, return, and be disappointed. The same should apply to Big Boys and other ranges in the area. Moreover, employees have bad days, and so do customers.
A bad experience at one of these places is more likely to get me killed than at another….

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20220712_123839.jpg
    20220712_123839.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 0

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been to H&H and Big Boys many times and I have always had good experiences. Sometimes if we go looking to be offended, it happens.
Had too many loaded firearms pointed at me at h&h sometimes with booger hooks on the bang switch. Unsafe behavior was taken care of very quickly when I knew all the range people. They left. It stopped getting taken care of, I left. No looking to be offended about it. I went back finally a year ago. While trying to get a lane, an idiot covered all of us in the lobby, it wasn’t noticed much less dealt with when I pointed it out. Won’t be back.

It’s not worth dying over.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
With Big Boys....it is always the looks of distain and unwelcome like demeanor is all.

They are ALWAYS unhappy.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had too many loaded firearms pointed at me at h&h sometimes with booger hooks on the bang switch. Unsafe behavior was taken care of very quickly when I knew all the range people. They left. It stopped getting taken care of, I left. No looking to be offended about it. I went back finally a year ago. While trying to get a lane, an idiot covered all of us in the lobby, it wasn’t noticed much less dealt with when I pointed it out. Won’t be back.

It’s not worth dying over.
My good experiences may well be due to the fact that I go on weekday mornings. However, my worst experience was at the public range outside Wagoner. Shot fired while I was down range. Idiots can be found everywhere, but everywhere is where I go.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be honest, that was always my biggest fear. Especially worrisome when I rented someone a gun. I only refused to do so once while I was there. That guy was putting off some weird vibes. Made me nervous as ****. I watched him like a hawk until he left the store. Never saw him again.
Only because I asked you to stop calling me and didn’t go back…. I’m not a piece of meat. I HAVE eyes, you could have looked at them….,

Latest posts

Top Bottom