A new addition to my EDC rotation...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over the years, I've acquired a lot of various EDC gear. You know, wallets, pocket knives, flashlights, ink pens, hanks and all sorts of other pocket trash. I've always tried to buy quality gear, but some stuff I just can't afford. Probably the most money I splurge is on leather by Hitch and Timber. I have a few of Michael's creations and I love 'em all. I'm also a big fan of Victorinox SAKs, Leatherman multitools and Olight flashlights. Seems like the only thing that I've never owned, but always wanted, was a pocket knife by Case.

I've never been a fan of traditional knives, always thinking that slip joints with more than two blades were kinda silly. I mean, if you're gonna carry something with more than one or two blades, why not just carry a SAK, right? The tools on a Vic seem like would be more useful than just another blade. But still, the old timer and purist inside of me has always wanted a Double X Case Canoe, Texas Toothpick or Sodbuster Jr. Sadly, I just never could make myself pay the premium price that W.R. Case knives demand.

But I got one today! :woohoo1:

Thanks to my ol' buddy @surjimmy :bowdown: I am now the proud owner of a Case Sod Buster Jr. in stainless steel, with a jet-black synthetic handle. I did a little research on the Case website, and according to the tang stamps, this is a 2005 model. I love it! :heart:

Anyways, I just wanted to tell everybody who hasn't ever dealt with Jimmy, what a top notch feller he is. Jimmy and I go way back. Several years ago, I sold a Smith & Wesson J frame model 38 to a local friend of mine, who then sold it to Jimmy. He then posted it up for sale here and I saw it and immediately had seller's remorse. Jimmy was kind enough to drive to Shawnee and meet up with me to reunite me with my beloved Humpback. But, like a dipshit, I traded it off again and haven't seen it since. :cry3:

Jimmy and I had a couple other transactions since then over the years. Once in the parking lot of the Oklahoma County jail (no neither one of us were "residents") and another during a freaking monsoon in the OKC/Edmond area. Seems like we had to postpone that one. Wow! What a mess!

But yeah, me old leatherneck Jimmy is a helluva guy. Thanks again buddy, I truly do appreciate ya! :thanku:

Stand by for pics...

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pics of the Soddy...

20240503_234235.jpg

20240503_234312.jpg

20240503_234251.jpg

20240503_234302.jpg

What's in my pockets today...

20240503_234114.jpg

20240503_234456.jpg

20240503_234536.jpg

20240503_234626.jpg

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over the years, I've acquired a lot of various EDC gear. You know, wallets, pocket knives, flashlights, ink pens, hanks and all sorts of other pocket trash. I've always tried to buy quality gear, but some stuff I just can't afford. Probably the most money I splurge is on leather by Hitch and Timber. I have a few of Michael's creations and I love 'em all. I'm also a big fan of Victorinox SAKs, Leatherman multitools and Olight flashlights. Seems like the only thing that I've never owned, but always wanted, was a pocket knife by Case.

I've never been a fan of traditional knives, always thinking that slip joints with more than two blades were kinda silly. I mean, if you're gonna carry something with more than one or two blades, why not just carry a SAK, right? The tools on a Vic seem like would be more useful than just another blade. But still, the old timer and purist inside of me has always wanted a Double X Case Canoe, Texas Toothpick or Sodbuster Jr. Sadly, I just never could make myself pay the premium price that W.R. Case knives demand.

But I got one today! :woohoo1:

Thanks to my ol' buddy @surjimmy :bowdown: I am now the proud owner of a Case Sod Buster Jr. in stainless steel, with a black synthetic handle. I did a little research on the Case website, and according to the tang stamps, this is a 2005 model. I love it! :heart:

Anyways, I just wanted to tell everybody who hasn't ever dealt with Jimmy, what a top notch feller he is. Jimmy and I go way back. Several years ago, I sold a Smith & Wesson J frame model 38 to a local friend of mine, who then sold it to Jimmy. He then posted it up for sale here and I saw it and immediately had seller's remorse. Jimmy was kind enough to drive to Shawnee and meet up with me to reunite me with my beloved Humpback. But, like a dipshit, I traded it off again and haven't seen it since. :cry3:

Jimmy and I had a couple other transactions since then over the years. Once in the parking lot of the Oklahoma County jail (no neither one of us were "residents") and another during a freaking monsoon in the OKC/Edmond area. Seems like we had to postpone that one. Wow! What a mess!

But yeah, me old leatherneck Jimmy is a helluva guy. Thanks again buddy, I truly do appreciate ya! :thanku:

Stand by for pics...
You are too kind, and no thanks are necessary. Am very happy to do it.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get a room you two! In all seriousness, a few of GED posts have got me buying some EDC gear. Some I ended up with just because it was in a bundle he was selling, and prob wouldnt have thought twice about otherwise, that I now use frequently lol.

I own several Olights cause of him!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get a room you two! In all seriousness, a few of GED posts have got me buying some EDC gear. Some I ended up with just because it was in a bundle he was selling, and prob wouldnt have thought twice about otherwise, that I now use frequently lol.

Yup. I see stuff damn near daily that I didn't know I needed. :rollingla

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few of those olight pens.

Anyone else glad they aren’t named Hank? GED seems to collect them. I can hear Keith Morrison narrating now…”He worked nights at a small peaceful college, but things weren’t as peaceful as they seemed…”

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few of those olight pens.

Anyone else glad they aren’t named Hank? GED seems to collect them. I can hear Keith Morrison narrating now…”He worked nights at a small peaceful college, but things weren’t as peaceful as they seemed…”

I usually carry two hanks...my 7x7 GondekEDC hank and a standard cotton handkerchief or bandana. You know...one for showin' and one for blowin' :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom