Ballistol users

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the little balls of yellow crud is that I am spending way to long cleaning my pistols on. I specifically checked my 1911 yesterday before I went to Wilshire Guns to shoot with the kids. Did not see them, but I did once I got back from shooting.
Is the ballistol causing this or is it the bullits I am using? I was using Blazer brass in the 45 and Winchester white box in my 9mm.
It is mainly in and around the locking lugs but find them all over the internals
I can barely see them until I put them under the magnifying glass.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the little balls of yellow crud is that I am spending way to long cleaning my pistols on. I specifically checked my 1911 yesterday before I went to Wilshire Guns to shoot with the kids. Did not see them, but I did once I got back from shooting.
Is the ballistol causing this or is it the bullits I am using? I was using Blazer brass in the 45 and Winchester white box in my 9mm.
It is mainly in and around the locking lugs but find them all over the internals
I can barely see them until I put them under the magnifying glass.
Ammo. Winchester white box. I think it's a filler in the primer or the powder.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well great!! That means I need to run a air hose into my office/gun cleaning room to blow that crap out of there lol.
Thanks steelfingers!!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well great!! That means I need to run a air hose into my office/gun cleaning room to blow that crap out of there lol.
Thanks steelfingers!!
I only see it when I use my magnifying lamp light on my bench. Never saw it until I used the white box 9mm ammo 115 grain.
You will notice it more in your mag well. I see more of it with my glock and I think it comes from the holes in the mag count.
If you look very closely, they are perfectly round. Easy way to get rid is to shoot some air through the frame.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the filler mainly used in pistols? I have shot a lot of rifle rounds and have never noticed this before.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the filler mainly used in pistols? I have shot a lot of rifle rounds and have never noticed this before.
I've only seen it in my pistols and 9mm white box. I have an air compressor next to my cleaning bench so it's real handy. Not saying you have to blow it out. I've cleaned them out with qtips during cleaning.
I use the air gun on the internals of my guns before cleaning them (when I think about it). Gets the dirt and crap out before you end up mixing it with your cleaner and oil. Plus....I'm ocd

Latest posts

Top Bottom