Bank Of Oklahoma Fees and Humor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bank of Oklahoma will charge the fee to cash their own checks to non-account holders. I dont know if the OP's checks were or not, but BOK does charge to cash THEIR OWN CHECKS! This, along with many other fees banks are getting away, with is just plain wrong.

Also, BOK does not offer free checking, which is their right, but I choose not to support them.

Not to start a pissing match, but I have for the past 20 years had a free checking account at BOk.
Maybe they don't offer it to new customers?

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to start a pissing match, but I have for the past 20 years had a free checking account at BOk.
Maybe they don't offer it to new customers?

Open all the letters you get from them. I have banked with them for 14 years now and they just sent me a letter last month stating that if you don't keep either $1500 or $2500 dollar balance than you willbe charged a monthly fee. I'll try and dig it out and repost. If you have been keeping that balance in there then that is why you haven't noticed a fee.

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's what it states.
Bank of Oklahoma sent letters to current customers dated February 6, 2012, stating their new pricing policies for free checking accounts 2.0. The two new requirements are that a minimum monthly balance of $1,400.00 avg be maintained or a minimum of $300.00 per month in direct deposits to your account to remain free of a new service charge.

GusMan405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
90% of all banks AND CREDIT UNIONS charge check cashing fees. I know this because I have been in the banking business for 10 years now. Some people get upset about it, but most understand its a fee for a service....just like any other business. Some people have it in their heads that we are just printing money in our back room, but that's not how it works. We have to order money from the FED(that cost money), then we have to have an armored truck deliver the money(that cost money), then we have to pay to insure the money that sits on our premises. One thing I can guarantee is that if you take that check to the bank where your accounts are at, then they won't charge you to cash it...just like BOK won't charge you to cash any checks, regardless of amount, if you are an account holder..... Not saying rather I agree or disagree with the check cashing fee, its the cost of business. And the truth is, banks aren't not for profit...and for people who like to say "we'll that's why I bank with a credit union"... It would make you sick to know how much they pay their VPs. They are in it for money too!

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's what it states.
Bank of Oklahoma sent letters to current customers dated February 6, 2012, stating their new pricing policies for free checking accounts 2.0. The two new requirements are that a minimum monthly balance of $1,400.00 avg be maintained or a minimum of $300.00 per month in direct deposits to your account to remain free of a new service charge.

for my personal account that would be why I hadn't seen anything. I get my checks direct deposited. My mom also uses them and said nothing of the letter. That's odd...

e: checked website and on personal accounts that is right...interesting.

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for my personal account that would be why I hadn't seen anything. I get my checks direct deposited. My mom also uses them and said nothing of the letter. That's odd...

e: checked website and on personal accounts that is right...interesting.
Kinda sucks but I'm not goin to drop them or anything. I have 3 accounts with them and almost everyone at the Yukon branch or the Albertsons there in Bethany know me by name when I walk in. I'm sure most banks will follow suit if there not already. I also have a couple accounts at Tinker and I've always had great dealings with them. My business account is with BOK though and it's so convenient for me to get on my phone and transfer money around and make deposits.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I moved my corporate checking account away from Bank of America to IBC a couple of years ago because they were charging the guys who were working for me $7.50 to cash their paychecks. They did not charge this fee the first couple of years I was in business, but started suddenly. I called their customer service to ask why the fee had suddenly started and his exact words were "If you dont like it take your account somewhere else" The next day I did just that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom