Bass Pro Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Over the last few years me and the wife have gone to the gun counter in Bass Pro and have walked away irritated every time because of the way the people who work there acted toward us, that is when we could get them to even talk to us. In fact, one time my wife went in there with the intent on buying a specific pistol there but couldn't get any help because they guys there were engrossed in a conversation about remote control airplanes. She ended up at Academy where she not only got decent help but also saved a few bucks.
Anyway, I went there on Monday to find a holster for my new FNX 9. I only went there because I couldn't find one anywhere else. They didn't have quite what I needed but they did have some nice holsters for a couple Sigs that are similar to the FNX 9 in size. Since my gun is pretty much a Sig clone I grabbed two holsters that looked about right and took them to the counter with the intention of asking the dude to try the FNX 9 they had in stock in the holsters to see if either of them would work.
The portly fellow behind the counter, we'll call him Sir Leansalot since all he seemed to want to do was lean his chub on the counter, was finishing up with another customer so I waited quietly until they were done. When the other customer walked away Sir Leansalot did his best to ignore me even though I was standing almost in front of him and he even asked an older guy who walked up if he could help him rather than acknowledge me. The other customer was a nice guy and pointed out that I was obviously there first and had a question so begrudgingly, Sir Leansalot asked what he could do for me in the most "I really don't give a crap what I can do for you" voice he could manage.
Half way through asking him to try the gun in the holsters he cut me off and told me that the dimensions of the two guns weren't likely to be similar in the most patronizing tone possible. His rudeness pissed my off immediately and totally and I threw the holsters on the counter and stormed off as staying there another second would have risked things escalating as I occasionally lose my temper.
I went to the store manager and told him what had happened and how I had planned of buying holsters and ammo but would be going elsewhere. I told him how every experience I've had at a Bass Pro gun counter was just like this one and I was done with that store. The manager was a nice guy but I doubt anything will ever change there.
I really don't understand why people in the business of selling things often seem to think that being rude and condescending to potential customers is a good business model. Holy crap that was long winded!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember the last time I stopped to look there.
Reminds me of how Academy on south side okc used to be.
Haven't spent much time at that counter either lately.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had some of the same guys ............but then I had a guy the other day that was all smiles and no problems with showing me the 3-4 pistols I wanted to compare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom