Bass Pro Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
he probably makes less than $9/hr and probably doesn't give a **** just like every other retail employee

This...People your the Buyers, Fetch the Help up sharply, and get your deal done.

Explain to them that you have no time for loligaggin, and they dont make enough money to listen to your complaints.....Control The Site'ation...nuff sed!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
he probably makes less than $9/hr and probably doesn't give a **** just like every other retail employee

And he didn't know what the job paid when he took it? Quite frankly, that's a BS attitude to have. If you don't want to do the job you were hired to do for the pay offered, don't take it ...

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best guy that they had was a nice older black gentleman. He helped my wife pick out my Remington 700 for Christmas several years back. was an excellent salesperson, answered all her questions, walked her through all the options and price ranges etc. . . super guy. Haven't seen him there in a while.

There is one nice guy behind the counter right now. He's not terribly knowledgeable, but is eager to help. Leroy, the one guy with an FFL in the place is a total *********, know it all plumper. I just don't have anything nice to say about him.

There was an older tall black man that worked there a few years ago. He is Joe Carter's brother and he is a hunter also. He has some relatives that used to live here that I know. His mom and her sister both married Carter's.

Joe Carter is the Major league ball player.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This...People your the Buyers, Fetch the Help up sharply, and get your deal done.

Explain to them that you have no time for loligaggin, and they dont make enough money to listen to your complaints.....Control The Site'ation...nuff sed!

Haha! It's more fun to go find a manager, tell them politely what you want and that so-and-so over at the gun/ammo/clothing/shoes department just refused to wait on you. Go ahead and embellish a little if you want, it's not like anybody knows ... then watch said hired "help" absolutely seethe when you show up with said manager to buy whatever it was you wanted in the first place. Sometimes you can net a pretty healthy discount on an item this way. AND sometimes ... if you are really lucky, you get to watch said manager snatch said worthless-as-tits-on-a-boar-hog employee up by the short hairs ... However it shakes out, there is fun and hilarity all around ... :naughty: I'm all for public humiliation. :)

Then I'll go home, log onto the company's website and tell my tale of woe. Said worthless-as-tits-on-a-boar-hog employee's name is front and center, while I tell them how he's not worth a plug nickel, much less $9/hour and said manager is praised for handling the situation in a timely manner. :)

I am aware of at least one person -- a "wonderful" young man who like to hold down counters rather than address certain issues that were well within the realm of his job description, who is no longer employeed at a certain place because I was calm and spoke softly while I presented my case to management. I was also professional and had a veritable list of fairly concerning offenses he had commited, as I happen to frequent this retail establishment fairly frequently. It did my heart good when he finally got the ax, because he deserved it more than most I've seen in action. :)

Yeah ... I'm kinda a ***** that way ... :wink2:

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha! It's more fun to go find a manager, tell them politely what you want and that so-and-so over at the gun/ammo/clothing/shoes department just refused to wait on you. Go ahead and embellish a little if you want, it's not like anybody knows ... then watch said hired "help" absolutely seethe when you show up with said manager to buy whatever it was you wanted in the first place. Sometimes you can net a pretty healthy discount on an item this way. AND sometimes ... if you are really lucky, you get to watch said manager snatch said worthless-as-tits-on-a-boar-hog employee up by the short hairs ... However it shakes out, there is fun and hilarity all around ... :naughty: I'm all for public humiliation. :)

Then I'll go home, log onto the company's website and tell my tale of woe. Said worthless-as-tits-on-a-boar-hog employee's name is front and center, while I tell them how he's not worth a plug nickel, much less $9/hour and said manager is praised for handling the situation in a timely manner. :)

I am aware of at least one person -- a "wonderful" young man who like to hold down counters rather than address certain issues that were well within the realm of his job description, who is no longer employeed at a certain place because I was calm and spoke softly while I presented my case to management. I was also professional and had a veritable list of fairly concerning offenses he had commited, as I happen to frequent this retail establishment fairly frequently. It did my heart good when he finally got the ax, because he deserved it more than most I've seen in action. :)

Yeah ... I'm kinda a ***** that way ... :wink2:

So i am gonna start asking every lady that come in and proceeds to dress me down after some jack wagon doesn't do their job if they are BadgeBunny. :lmfao:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So i am gonna start asking every lady that come in and proceeds to dress me down after some jack wagon doesn't do their job if they are BadgeBunny. :lmfao:

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: I'm always nice to the manager about it. Just ask anybody who's seen me in action. Actually, I'm a lot more forgiving than GC is. He'll blow a gasket ... I just figure if somebody is doing a job bad enough to piss me off that the manager would like to know ...:blush: You know ... Just trying to help out ... :hey3: I've lost track of how many free meals we've gotten. :naughty: Honest, though, I'm not one of those folks who complains and starts asking for free stuff ... That ain't right. Come to think of it, maybe that's why the manager's offer me discounts when I fuss. Because I don't take out my anger on them, I simply inform them of a situation that is costing their company money because, really ... if some dolt will treat a nice, unassuming little old lady like me like that, just imagine how bad they are treating the rest of the customers ... :o :naughty: :lmfao: :wink2:

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never bought guns at Bass Pro, have bought other stuff. I never waited for someone to wait on me at the gun counter. Prices seemed high also.

My granddaughter loves to see their fish swimmin' around. Also, Santa in December.

I go to Academy, OAS, Big Boys, or H&H for guns or bullets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom