Bass Pro Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know EXACTLY the guy you're talking about. We went in to look at pistols. My wife asked to see a Browning Buckmark (she was waffling between that and the stainless Ruger MKIII they had). Sir Leansalot looked at her and said "you should go to H&H and shoot a few guns to find out which one you can handle and won't scare you." - Now, keep in mind my wife is in the Navy. Her Billet is working on Ejection seats. She can handle herself just fine and she KNOWS firearms. She also knows how to demean a man to the point of tears. . . it's fun to watch - and I was about to sit down with some popcorn and see a show.

I've made the mistake of allowing them them 'bore sight' a rifle that was being purchased. They destroyed the scope to the point of having to put a different one the gun. THEN they had the nerve to ask me if I wanted them to try again. . . No... no I don't.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've had some of the same guys ............but then I had a guy the other day that was all smiles and no problems with showing me the 3-4 pistols I wanted to compare.

They do seem to treat some people decent, just never me. They don't seem to like talking to women because they won't give my wife the time of day.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Best guy that they had was a nice older black gentleman. He helped my wife pick out my Remington 700 for Christmas several years back. was an excellent salesperson, answered all her questions, walked her through all the options and price ranges etc. . . super guy. Haven't seen him there in a while.

There is one nice guy behind the counter right now. He's not terribly knowledgeable, but is eager to help. Leroy, the one guy with an FFL in the place is a total *********, know it all plumper. I just don't have anything nice to say about him.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess it's only fair to add that I called Sir Leansaolot a jacka$$ and told him to f$&@ off as I walked away. That was pretty childish in hindsight but I'd really had enough.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything over $100 should be sold on commision. Contrary to Snickers commercials, hungry sales people learn real quick that pissing of customers makes for a long day and short sales careers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom