Beans and cornbread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make your own. If nothing else a box of Jiffy and a can of Bush Seasoned Recipe Pinto Beans. Not as good as home made but not bad.

Since I'm the cook in this family, I tend to only make things that both of us will eat. That being said, I may actually just have to go this route soon. You guys have me jonesing for some beans and cornbread. :-)

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's one of the few things I dislike about my wife. She does NOT like beans and cornbread. So, I rarely ever get these anymore. :crying:

With her being Asian my bride of 43 + years didn't grow up eating beans and cornbread and has never really acquired a taste for them so I have to eat the whole pot of beans and pan of cornbread by myself......darn the luck. :)

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With her being Asian my bride of 43 + years didn't grow up eating beans and cornbread and has never really acquired a taste for them so I have to eat the whole pot of beans and pan of cornbread by myself......darn the luck. :)

You poor guy. If I was closer, I'd help you out with that!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like pinto beans with chunks of skillet-browned Hot Links in 'em. Even better with cornbread, and fried okra. Braums makes the best Hot Links by the way. And I think Cholula Chipotle Sauce beats the Tabasco stuff too, but it might be necessary to do an exhaustive taste-test to get the definitive answer to that. But no test needed to know that Braums makes the best Hot Links. Kitchen here I come!

Latest posts

Top Bottom