Beef prices are going to get even higher. 10,000+ cattle in a Kansas feedlot die of heat stress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to watch 35 minutes of video to find out the answer to this question, but is this the same place in Kansas where it was reported in another thread that 10,000 had died? That other thread (linked below) had comments by members that the cattle's feed might have been mixed incorrectly with something that killed them. I've seen cattle suffer worse heat and not die off.

Beef prices are going to get even higher.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm calling BS on the heat.

My relatives live on farms in Kansas and Oklahoma.

This fellow is giving a reasonable explanation. A heat burst.

Guy makes some good and valid points, one of the few I’ve seen that address actual natural possibilities and are not automatically jumping to conclusions.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My BS on the heat comment was supposed to be deleted. It apparently wasn't. That comment was written before I did more research. I guess SAVE doesn't save?

I'll try it again.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I can't honestly think of any cattle around here that I've heard of that were lost due to heat. Cold, lightening yes many times. It's this temperature every year around this time, and those feed lots aren't new.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom