• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Beef

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
179   0   0
I may be late to the party but I'm looking for either a 1/4 or 1/2 beef if anyone has a line on either.
PM is fine if preferred.
Thanks.

Go east a little ways to a town called Harrah. There is a Meat Store there. It is great.
Two local choices to you.

Attachments

• IMG_8091.jpeg
    IMG_8091.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8092.jpeg
    IMG_8092.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a price from a guy last week up in my area and he told me $1500

Another place told me $8 a pound.

Edit: I think around 225-250lbs of meat. I may be wrong.
A side of beef is usually sold by the hanging weight. When it's processed you have considerable loss, I can't remember the avg. %, I haven't done this kind of work in decades! that don't make this a good, or bad deal, but figure the NET usable meat you get,divided by the total price you pay, to see what you actually spent per pound. One definite advantage can be if you buy beef from the rancher, that has not been through the commercial feed lot, you can avoid all the antibiotics, and steroids, that are used in commercially grown beef, as well as pork, and chickens, and the potentially harmful side effect of these things.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Cattle prices are through the roof right now.

I think you're right...

So far I've gotten these prices
Dunagan Farms, from their site - 1/4 at $1,000, 1/2 at $2,000
Prairie Rose - 1/4 at $850, 1/2 at $1,700 (plus tax)
Circle N - 1/4 at $1,000, 1/2 at $2,000
Cheek Ranch - A monthly 'subscription' for either a 1/4 or 1/2
- 1/4 is about 10-12# for $152, 1/2 is about 20-24# for $279. Steaks, hamburger, roast, cuts vary each month.
- I don't know if you can just order a month at a time or required to order at least 6 months (or some set time frame). Website has more details.

I didn't ask the model of cow. Cow guys should have an idea on how much you may end with in the freezer.
I'm down to about 4 roasts and maybe a dozen steaks right now. Still plenty of hamburger though.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That is the a la carte pricing --- as noted earlier, it's much cheaper as 1/4 or 1/2 or 1/1. That's literally if I just drove up to their retail and picked out a selection. Maybe slightly higher than some (price goes up to get the USDA inspection to sell retail) but it's pretty competitive last I checked.
There is state level inspections that allow places to sell individually packaged retail cuts without the USDA expense. But the meat has to stay in Oklahoma.. typically places that get USDA inspections, it is to allow them the ability to sell/ship meat nationwide

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Got our steer earlier in the year from a guy in Alamosa, CO - we've been buying all natural, grass fed beef from him for a few years. his price went up significantly from last year but still got 450 lbs of meat(whole steer) for $2200 which included my gas, hotel and dry ice for the trip home. Thought it was high but based on what y'all are posting above I got a great deal!

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Last 1/2’s I sold, in August, was $4.5 lb hanging weight. 322lbs hanging, $1449 for the 1/2 vacuum sealed and frozen. I’ll probably have to go up a bit next year due to winter hay prices. I’d like to stay $5-$5.5 lb hanging for processed and frozen if possible. Beef is insane right now, but operating costs are on the rise too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom