Beretta Cougar .45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:thanku:Anyone own one or ever shot one?

Thinking about switching to .45acp for ccw.

Looking for double action smaller frame, no 1911's.

Any help would be appreciated.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Never shot the .45 version, have fired the 9MM, didn't do anything any better than an M9.

Looking for a lighter weight DA/SA .45ACP, look at a SIG P220.

Big_Red_Truck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Beretta 8045, its a good gun.
I've put less than 1200 round down the pipe. With that said, there has never been a failure.
I don't believe that Beretta has made the cougar 8045 in several years.
Idp4570 likes the Sig p220...me too
But if you want to stick with Beretta and don't mind plastic, the PX4 is nice, my son purchased one, its a good shooter.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But if you want to stick with Beretta and don't mind plastic, the PX4 is nice, my son purchased one, its a good shooter.

iv got a px4 and like it , but iv always liked beretta...i would really suggest playing with one before you buy, cause the feel is very different from one model to another IMO...

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems like I read that Stoeger is going to roll out the .45 version sometime soon (their site talks like it's out, so not sure on availability). It should be identical aside from the markings, like the 9mm and 40 are. No need to find a discontinued Beretta if you want one.

They are supposed to be outstanding for the money. I'm strongly considering a Cougar when I add a cheap-ish 9mm to my collection sometime soon.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you know where they will be manufactured?
Really don,t know anything about Stoeger.
Turkey.

Stoeger is a Beretta subsidiary, so it's not like this is a cheap clone or something. I've heard they literally moved the machinery and tooling to Turkey and started making the exact same thing there to reintroduce the gun at a much better price (labor and operational costs are lower there than in Italy or the US). It's literally the same gun with a different name on the slide.

If a Cougar is in fact what you're looking for, no reason not to get a Stoeger that I'm aware of. They're very well-regarded at their price point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom