Best $100 AR acessory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddlstang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried the springs, better than the stock I guess. The problem with springs you are getting a better feel by reducing spring tension, not good for reliability. I had the lighter set and would not fire some ammo. Tried geissele's and have not gone back, mandatory. The G2S is around $160 or less on sale and next to a good compensator is the best enhancement you can do to make a great shooting gun. There are other triggers out there that really good also.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've tried the springs, better than the stock I guess. The problem with springs you are getting a better feel by reducing spring tension, not good for reliability. I had the lighter set and would not fire some ammo. Tried geissele's and have not gone back, mandatory. The G2S is around $160 or less on sale and next to a good compensator is the best enhancement you can do to make a great shooting gun. There are other triggers out there that really good also.

When you use the JP spring kit, its best to cut the spur off the back of the hammer to lighten it. You can buy a speed hammer from JP, or use a hack saw on the one you have for nothing.

jbrentn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've looked at the gissele triggers and they look pretty sweet, but I'm trying to stay right around that $100 mark. When I do my build in a few months, I plan to get one.

sent from omicron persei 8.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In every situation, the best "accessory" is the one that makes you a more effective shooter. Be it efficiency, survivability, accuracy, or any other metric.
You did not tell us what your AR setup, current level of training, or goals for the "accessory" are.
Without that info, any opinions are just throwing darts blindfolded.

What do you have?
What do you need/want to accomplish?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
In every situation, the best "accessory" is the one that makes you a more effective shooter. Be it efficiency, survivability, accuracy, or any other metric.
You did not tell us what your AR setup, current level of training, or goals for the "accessory" are.

What do you have?

This first! What kind of AR do you have and what do you want to do with it?

jbrentn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

What do you have?
Current setup is an LMT spm16, stock except for troy rail and strikefire 2 sight. I just plink around with it so far.
I would like items that would help improve my shooting and accuracy. I know that practice is the biggest thing that I can do, but anything that will aid in that is great.

sent from omicron persei 8.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have the quality weapon covered. You have a RDS. How does your mag and ammo supply look?
For a hundred bucks, i would be buying ammo and maybe a couple mags. When you go out to shoot, if it is semi serious training, have a plan on what drills you want to do and what standards you want to meet before you hit the range. You will conserve a bunch of ammo and maximize the quality of your time spent. I rarely shoot more than a couple hundred rounds in a session when doing individual drills. Most of that time is spent running up and down range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom