Best AR for the money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have all kinds of AR’s. I build all of mine. Budget is key. You’re going to have to determine what is acceptable for you. just about every AR will run rounds. Some will just do certain things better than others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Old wives tale look what they have taken to war all over the world. what you all would call dime store guns. just don't add up. SKS probably maybe $50 to produce take it to battle any day over any rifle.. shoulder fired that is.and for sure over any AR..
What dime store guns have been taken all over the world in war? I wanna hear this

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have all kinds of AR’s. I build all of mine. Budget is key. You’re going to have to determine what is acceptable for you. just about every AR will run rounds. Some will just do certain things better than others.
This is what I get confused on. The actual lower, not including LPK, seems like it doesn’t matter if you milled it yourself, got an Anderson, or got a Larue. I could see the LPK obviously affecting performance. But take down pins and trigger guard? I don’t see how. Barrel, buffer spring, bolt yes. But isn’t stock based on personal preference. I’m legitimately asking btw. I’ve never shot competition or served military and put thousands of rounds through an AR to make comparisons. I like to get some explanation on all that from experienced guys like @JEVapa or the like 👍

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 16" 5.56 quad rail with flip mbuis sights and light and a 7.62x39 with Magpul hardware uppers both with Tacticon 1-4 LPVO scopes for one of my lowers and a complete 20" barrelled 6.5 Grendel rifle with a 1-6 LPVO from Tacticon.
I do not have alot of money in these as I shopped sales carefully and rounded up one part at a time.
The lightweight 7.62x39 is an awesome shooter
The 5.56 is heavier but shoots decent
The Grendel is accurate and very hard hitting out as far as I can shoot. But it is ammo picky for cycling good. I need an adjustable gas block to help that

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What dime store guns have been taken all over the world in war? I wanna hear this
just trying to make a fight. like i stated sks probably 50 bucks to produce im sure u have the number. just the way i see it no need to start something. and im sure many of these other rifles that served didnt cost a grand or 2 like everyone insists you have to spend to get a good rifle! again JMO your entitled to yours!

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 16" 5.56 quad rail with flip mbuis sights and light and a 7.62x39 with Magpul hardware uppers both with Tacticon 1-4 LPVO scopes for one of my lowers and a complete 20" barrelled 6.5 Grendel rifle with a 1-6 LPVO from Tacticon.
I do not have alot of money in these as I shopped sales carefully and rounded up one part at a time.
The lightweight 7.62x39 is an awesome shooter
The 5.56 is heavier but shoots decent
The Grendel is accurate and very hard hitting out as far as I can shoot. But it is ammo picky for cycling good. I need an adjustable gas block to help that
only parts AR i have is 6.5 grendal shoots very accurately with cheap sale parts likes hornady and hasn't failed yet!

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I get confused on. The actual lower, not including LPK, seems like it doesn’t matter if you milled it yourself, got an Anderson, or got a Larue. I could see the LPK obviously affecting performance. But take down pins and trigger guard? I don’t see how. Barrel, buffer spring, bolt yes. But isn’t stock based on personal preference. I’m legitimately asking btw. I’ve never shot competition or served military and put thousands of rounds through an AR to make comparisons. I like to get some explanation on all that from experienced guys like @JEVapa or the like 👍
What are you looking to get out of an AR. Small groups for PRS style shooting? Combat style preforms and reliability? I am not a combat style person even though I was in the military. I lean towards the small groups and PRS style of shooting. I can talk on that side of AR’s and basic AR’s. when most people think of a AR, they think combat style rifle.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are you looking to get out of an AR. Small groups for PRS style shooting? Combat style preforms and reliability? I am not a combat style person even though I was in the military. I lean towards the small groups and PRS style of shooting. I can talk on that side of AR’s and basic AR’s. when most people think of a AR, they think combat style rifle.
my $400 hoge podge 6.5 Grendel was same hole 3 shot groups when i could do my part thats with a cheap stock PSA trigger thinking of putting a timney in just for the heck of it never had an aftermarket trigger!

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my $400 hoge podge 6.5 Grendel was same hole 3 shot groups when i could do my part thats with a cheap stock PSA trigger thinking of putting a timney in just for the heck of it never had an aftermarket trigger!
Trigger Tech and Timney are my go to triggers. most of my triggers are at or under 1lbs pulls. You will thank me later If you do the upgrade. I will have you turn that $400 AR into a PRS rifle soon if you hang around me to much.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trigger Tech and Timney are my go to triggers. most of my triggers are at or under 1lbs pulls. You will thank me later If you do the upgrade. I will have you turn that $400 AR into a PRS rifle soon if you hang around me to much.
probably put a timney but a hunting weight dont think under 1lb would be good for me! like my Argentine Mauser trigger its so silky smooth even at 7-8 pounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom