Best AR for the money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This started on another thread. We tried to get these two to have a competition on what rifle was better.
Im Ready Jim Carrey - uVpjHrGt9Ihnx9hRJi.gif

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No need to get defensive, I am genuinely curious as an avid reloader. I don't know why you enter these conversations to tout your experiences with rifles without wanting to prove your claims.

Enjoy your rifle, but don't steer less experienced users in the wrong direction with circumstantial evidence. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
I tried reloading not for me yet could I know it helps with accuracy though

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on making a post about it tomorrow, but I recently came across this similar question, as seen in a post shared on page one.

I feel like it all boils down to “what you need” as others have mentioned. Do you need something to shoot coyotes with? Throw in the feed truck? Defend the house in the city? Defend the house on your 40 acres without shooting the mule? Compete with? Shoot on the range? Do you want something that will last the roughly 14 seconds most will statistically survive in a firefight during the end of the world? Are you gonna shoot 20 rounds through it to sight it in before shoving it in the back of the safe for the next 20 years? Maybe shoot 100-200 rounds a year? 1000? 5000?

I went with a decent quality, hopefully durable, affordable home build. I couldn’t find anything that checked ALL my boxes. Period. If I wanted to go with the factory built quality I wanted, I would have had to spend double or more. So I ended up building my own. Homemade has garbage resale value as a unit, it’s worth more parted out. I don’t plan on selling mine anyways. It’s built exactly how I want, it has good quality components in a proven configuration with great bang for your buck parts. Mostly built as a all around general purpose rifle, that I could use for self defense in a pinch, and to shoot some varmints if it tickled my fancy, cause realistically, that’s all it will be used for. Sadly, there isn’t anything bear creek in the build. Sorry @Bocephus123

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with a decent quality, hopefully durable, affordable home build. I couldn’t find anything that checked ALL my boxes. Period. If I wanted to go with the factory built quality I wanted, I would have had to spend double or more. So I ended up building my own. Homemade has garbage resale value as a unit, it’s worth more parted out. I don’t plan on selling mine anyways. It’s built exactly how I want, it has good quality components in a proven configuration with great bang for your buck parts. Mostly built as a all around general purpose rifle, that I could use for self defense in a pinch, and to shoot some varmints if it tickled my fancy, cause realistically, that’s all it will be used for. Sadly, there is t anything near creek in the build. Sorry @Bocephus123
That's why most build their own. You don't have to throw away a mil spec trigger assembly, handguard, and you get the parts you want to make your rifle for what you want it to do.
Like I said earlier, the only two factory built AR's I own are sitting in the safe unfired because the ones I built are the ones that get fired and trust.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why most build their own. You don't have to throw away a mil spec trigger assembly, handguard, and you get the parts you want to make your rifle for what you want it to do.
Like I said earlier, the only two factory built AR's I own are sitting in the safe unfired because the ones I built are the ones that get fired and trust.
Exactly. That was one thing that killed me. I really wanted a BCM, but I didn’t want the barrel, trigger, charging handle, or muzzle device. I wanted a pinned gas block, pinned and welded muzzle device. Etc etc. buying a complete rifle and then taking 3/4 of it apart and replacing those part just didn’t make sense for what I wanted and was cost prohibitive considering the end result.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I plan on making a post about it tomorrow, but I recently came across this similar question, as seen in a post shared on page one.

I feel like it all boils down to “what you need” as others have mentioned. Do you need something to shoot coyotes with? Throw in the feed truck? Defend the house in the city? Defend the house on your 40 acres without shooting the mule? Compete with? Shoot on the range? Do you want something that will last the roughly 14 seconds most will statistically survive in a firefight during the end of the world? Are you gonna shoot 20 rounds through it to sight it in before shoving it in the back of the safe for the next 20 years? Maybe shoot 100-200 rounds a year? 1000? 5000?

I went with a decent quality, hopefully durable, affordable home build. I couldn’t find anything that checked ALL my boxes. Period. If I wanted to go with the factory built quality I wanted, I would have had to spend double or more. So I ended up building my own. Homemade has garbage resale value as a unit, it’s worth more parted out. I don’t plan on selling mine anyways. It’s built exactly how I want, it has good quality components in a proven configuration with great bang for your buck parts. Mostly built as a all around general purpose rifle, that I could use for self defense in a pinch, and to shoot some varmints if it tickled my fancy, cause realistically, that’s all it will be used for. Sadly, there isn’t anything bear creek in the build. Sorry @Bocephus123
no problem ill shoot with you! Also to add my buddy i shoot with who i learned a lot from and shoot with a couple times a month.. was in 21years and all over the world.. was issued a Bushmaster which to me is a cheap gun. he he agreed.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's probably the answer right there.

I'm definitely a Colt fan-boy. But I buy a lot of PSA stuff for assembling shooter guns for family and friends. There's a definitely a market, and a need, for entry level rifles at budget prices. Not everyone's gonna take their rifle to war.

Having said that, a Colt 6920 can be had for around $800 these days (when you find them on sale). My opinion is that's definitely the best band-for-buck out there...even though a new Colt 6920 isn't the same as one from 10 or more years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom