Best AR for the money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should really watch some of the videos on YouTube from School of The American Rifle. Chad provides some good educational information on the AR-15 platform and what to look for when buying a rifle or carbine.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Bring out the charts!!! With scribbles

toptierlolol1.jpg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think a pistol round can compete with a rifle round for ballistics. At all. I also wouldn't be concerned about cheap if its primary use in home defense.
PCCs are neat and I have one and would use it in a house, and it would certainly do the trick (especially given good ammo), but my rifle is a better choice and would be what I grab. Really, I'd grab whatever's available so I stash lethality all over the house.

Last edited:

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BCM, Geissele, DD. All can be had for under 2k, some closer to 1. That is really not that expensive, instead of a $500 weapon just save a tad bit longer and get something that is proven. You can say all you want about PSA, they are great for the range, none of them are proven.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/202974

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a fan of this part and that part until I have what I want. I don’t own a single factory built AR15.

My SBR has a Anderson lower, good mil spec parts kit with a polished trigger, Magpul furniture and a 11.5” BCM upper.

I have a 17 designs lower, built with a primary arms random lpk without fcg, a larue 2 stage trigger, magpul furniture, BCM MKII buffer system, A2 upper with a 13.7” solgw barrel, Anderson bcg, and a A2 fsp. This gun is a awesome shooter.

I also have a M&Dibs upper and lower that’s got a PSA 2 stage trigger, spikes bcg, diamondback 13.9” barrel, BCM quad rail and B5 furniture. It’s also a damn fine shooter

Point is, sometimes even factory guns end up parted out and re built 🤣 buy what you think you’ll use and run it till you find what ya like.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BCM, Geissele, DD. All can be had for under 2k, some closer to 1. That is really not that expensive, instead of a $500 weapon just save a tad bit longer and get something that is proven. You can say all you want about PSA, they are great for the range, none of them are proven.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/202974
Old wives tale look what they have taken to war all over the world. what you all would call dime store guns. just don't add up. SKS probably maybe $50 to produce take it to battle any day over any rifle.. shoulder fired that is.and for sure over any AR..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom