Best 1911 .45 concealed carry gun??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rinzler

Marksman
Reaction score
i just bought a Springfield EMP 9mm today used in tulsa. its awesome and its alot smaller than my xd9 and its also much thinner. the kimber ultra carry is very similar i believe

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II. It has a alloy frame and a 4" match grade barrel and match grade trigger. It shoots very nice for such a light gun. I do not carry it yet and won't until I run it a lot more. I am still working on the 1911 manual of arms. You know, that pesky safety. It is quite a change from my usual carry Sig. We had an officer killed in Dallas as his finger turned white pulling on the trigger, with the safety still on.

But I really like the Kimber.

Kilroy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the the first pistols I bought "on my own" was a Detonics Combat Commander purchased for $400 on a payment plan from Outdoor America Store in the early 80's. A compact 1911 variant with a bad reputation for failures. I think the first run had tolerance issues or something. I went to the range twice a month (paydays) sending 100 rounds downrange for 12 years and I *NEVER* had a problem with mine. Went BANG every time.

These days my go to is a Para-Ordnance P-12.45 LDA, I *LOVE* it and would highly recommend it to anyone. Same-same, goes bang every time, plus compact with 12 round mags!

Might be hard to find now as it's been discontinued, and those who have them, keep them...mostly. Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom