Advice on new EDC/Range gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I got hit by a bus the other day and was given 4K to spend on a gun (to not take the bus company to court). I’m trying to find a great range gun/EDC and need input. I hate Glocks or any really light guns. Don’t want a CZ, been there done that. I love accuracy and something I can put an SRO on (cause I’m old). So far I can only think of one gun, so I thought I’d ask for thoughts, anything come to mind?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking about what I have, of all if only one Wilson combat edc x9. Mine does not have dot capability but some of their guns do. Feels the best in my hand and I can shoot it the best. Concealable but just heavy enough for range day , My two cents

So sorry that happened to you.

Yeah, if I had four grand to spend on a pistola, I would probably go with Wilson Combat too.

Probably this one...

ber-92ct-9_catalog_01_03.jpg

ber-92ct-9_catalog_01_04.jpg

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What Caliber do you like? Many good 9's and 45's. Really like the S&W M&P 5.7 (very thin plus set up for MOS and a tac driver), or The M&P line in general. They have far better triggers and not too light, not to heavy. Props to Springfield Armory as well. I know all of these are far less than your budget, but you can buy a lot of ammo with the difference. Same if you upgrade to the FNH FiveseveN MRD which is closer to your $4,000 budget, and on all of the aforementioned guns you can put a quality red dot on them. Yes, there are many in the $4,000 range that are excellent, like the Staccato's which are accurate and patterned after the 1911 in 9 and 45.

ghickstx

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with Wilson combat edc-x9 my everyday carry, STI or Staccato. Took the SRO off my Wilson and put a Holosun 2 MOA dot 32 MOA circle for me the way to go. At the range today at 15' was keeping a 2" grouping (18 rounds) firing about every second, not bad for an old guy with Shakey hand and can't see well.

Attachments

• 20230807_161210 (1).jpg
    20230807_161210 (1).jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom