Best 1911 .45 concealed carry gun??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Detonics combat master, one of the smallest 1911s annd has some of the first innivations in 1911s, i.e. lowered ejection port, double recoil springs, truncated cone shoots great and very concealable

Agreed, they are somewhat dated but are very fine pistols.

[Broken External Image]

firewire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kimber's Ultra RCP II (Refined Carry Pistol), as mentioned before, is quite nice. The melting treatment is done just right. No snags and the trench sight is easily useable with reasonable accuracy for the purpose of the gun. People state issues with 3" 1911's, but mine has been absolutely flawless and is very easy to conceal and allows a full grip (no pinky hanging).

Availability, with the RCP specifically, seems to come and go since they are not produced in high volume from what I understand. I've seen several in Oklahoma and on gun broker lately.

L1070864.-1jpg-resized.jpg

L1070863-1-resized.jpg

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What everyone seems to forget is that the 1911 was designed as a combat/ fighting pistol. In my opinion JM Browning did not consider concealed carry for self-defense purposes . The 1911 is STILL relevant for the purpose for which it was designed. There are other better options for concealed carry in my opinion. YMMV :)

You just might be right but I still like to carry a commander. Why? Well, I'll tell you why. It's a fine shooting pistol and it's bad ass.
IMG_3113.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
alloy commander frame, RIA 9mm parts kit from Ebay, cut it to commander length (very simple) about $600, with all the goodies done/on it. NO sights, no speed safety, no ducktail tang=retarded, since it still wont work as a front pants pocket gun. if you have to have it in a belt rig, you want a lot better accuracy, speed, and controlability than can be reliably had with those limitations.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The real answer, tho, is a Kimber Micro 9 in a front pants pocket holster, re-chambered to the 9x21mm rd, so you can get 45 grs to 2200 fps. Being able to react, draw from concealment (hand in pocket) and hit at 10 ft in .70 second, while sidestepping out of the enemy's line of fire, now that's a proper set of skills and gear.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I graphed out what I wanted in a carry 1911 and it led me to one pistol.
Kimber Super Carry Pro HD

I wanted
1) all steel
2) 4" barrel
3) Bobtail
4) night sights

I weighed the options of buying a factory gun vs buying one and sending it off to have it customized to fit what I wanted...and the Kimber was a better option for me. It all depends on what ya want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom