best 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that may be true... but can you tolerate the weight of a loaded full size 1911 on your person all day long?

I carry a Gov't model and don't have any issue with the weight.

Not in my experience. On the short and mildly overweight side of average, I'm unable to conceal a Charles Daly sub compact 1911. A full size would look absurdly obvious.

Do you carry IWB or OWB? I carry IWB with only a tshirt as cover most of the time. People that know I carry can't tell if I'm carrying or not.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not in my experience. On the short and mildly overweight side of average, I'm unable to conceal a Charles Daly sub compact 1911. A full size would look absurdly obvious.

bad holster and/or bad placement.

Thats all this could be.

truthfully, not being a smarty pants.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CT Brian, MARS - Steve Morrison build, Springers, Nighthawk, Colt

+1 for the DW Bobbed Commdr for a good price and good shooter.

just my .02c

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm a small guy... about 5'9", 160 or so... and I CC a full size Nighthawk (1911)... it's not too bad as long as you wear it right.

Very comfortable for me.

Stillhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if the mods see this...enjoy your 24 vacation from OSA. Otherwise, my personal experience with a Kimber, Ultra Raptor II, says stick with a commander size gun, bobbed if you prefer or can afford it.

Why's he in danger of banishment?

And Yes, Colt Commander, or other quality Commander size gets my vote.

Latest posts

Top Bottom