Best catfish in the state.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
McGehee's can't come near Catfish John's in Grove. I ate at McGehee's many times over a 12 year period and then moved to Grove. You have to try Catfish John's to believe it.

I can vouch for Okie98...... Catfish John's is THE best!!!

On US59 about 2 miles west of the light in downtown Grove! And very reasonably priced too!!!

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love catfish. Have had it in many a place and the best there is in Cartwright, OK, on the North side of Dennison dam on Lake Texhoma just West of Hwy 75 on 75a. Stop in every time I travel to or from Dallas. Got to make a trip soon.

Windy's - Definitely very good catfish and gets my vote. He's my uncle so I have to vote for him but even if he wasn't the quality and flavor of their fish would compel me to vote the same way.

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do not even make their own tartar sauce. The use kraft. Kraft sucks. If they cheap out on the sauce, there is not telling what the do to the fish.

This is about CATFISH. Not tartar sauce!!!

As my granddad used to say, tartar sauce is for bad tasting fish!

I never use tartar on my fish at Catfish John's!!!

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I ate at McGehee's was in November 2001 while returning to OKC from Dallas. It was 1/2 hour before closing time and the fish & hushpuppies were cold and grease soaked. But they charged us full price anyway.

I won't go back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom