Best catfish in the state.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

togap

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since so many of you were kind enough to respond, I feel it is my duty to try all of these places and report back. This study is completely unscientific and is solely based on my many years of eating too much. Since the last post I have visited Cajun King, Catfish Cabin, both in OKC, Steak and Catfish I-35 east of OKC, Libby's in Goldsby and Bills in Waurika. The following is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Steak and Catfish and Catfish Cabin were both pleasant experiences, very good eating.
Cajun King's catfish was very tasty. If you visit here, be sure and try the gumbo, crawfish roux, white beans and red beans, any one of these is well worth the trip.
Libby's gives you a choice of small, regular and all you can eat portions of catfish. The regular consists of four very large very tasty filets. I love to eat but the four piece filled me up. If you visit here be sure and try the salad bar. Besides the usual it has two or three kinds of macaroni salad and two kinds of potato salad. Be sure and try the white potato salad. It is made with red potatoes and is out of this world.
This brings us to Bill's, just outside of Waurika. If there is better catfish in Oklahoma than Bill's, I can't wait to get there. I started with a little bowl of very good cole slaw. The french fries must have a special seasoning, they were tremendous. The generous portion of filets were thin, breaded in batter that must have come from somewhere near heaven, and absolutely delicious.

If you have differing opinions or more suggestions please respond and I will check them out.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
McGehee's can't come near Catfish John's in Grove. I ate at McGehee's many times over a 12 year period and then moved to Grove. You have to try Catfish John's to believe it.

They do not even make their own tartar sauce. The use kraft. Kraft sucks. If they cheap out on the sauce, there is not telling what the do to the fish.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you like Catfish Corner in Ardmore (and I do), you'll for sure like Catfish
Corral in Ardmore (on 4th just east of Commerce).

The only Bill's location I've eaten at is in Lone Grove. It was OK (what fried catfish isn't), but their "squirted through a tube" hush puppies leave a lot to be desired. Catfish Corral has great hush puppies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom