Best Dang Hot Links

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would agree with Johnny. I've been eating hot links for 35 years and Mountain View are the best I have ever had. I would be interested to see if he tried Braum's as well, cause unless he says otherwise, I see no reason to try Braum's. Mountain View hotlinks are awesome.

I hear the main ingrediant is mountain oysters, any residual flavor of the original....?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought some tonight and will report my findings soon. Plan to smoke em an hour or 2, put on a bun with mustard an kraut.

And...drumroll please! How were they? I'm gonna go slice a couple up and cook 'em in a skillet to eat with scrambled eggs and rice this morning. In all fairness I must admit that it has actually been a long time since I had a Mountain View Hot Link, in fact I am not sure where to find them in OKC area, anybody know? What needs to happen here is a link-to-link comparison taste test. If I can find some, I'll report back in all fairness on the winner. I know whatever, I'll win either way, I likes me some good Hot Links!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And...drumroll please! How were they? I'm gonna go slice a couple up and cook 'em in a skillet to eat with scrambled eggs and rice this morning. In all fairness I must admit that it has actually been a long time since I had a Mountain View Hot Link, in fact I am not sure where to find them in OKC area, anybody know? What needs to happen here is a link-to-link comparison taste test. If I can find some, I'll report back in all fairness on the winner. I know whatever, I'll win either way, I likes me some good Hot Links!
Sorry, when I said will report soon, I meant in a day or 2. Weekends are a favorite to for us to smoke/grill so it may be Fri. Or Sat. Before I try them.
Looking forward to it though.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kraut sucks.

I grew up with my grandpa making it in a stone croc under the house. The stink permeated the house. Can't stand to be where its served to this day.
As a kid we had a pan of kraut with cheap hot dogs cut up in it. I hated that but put a dab on a Braut or hot link and a bun, nom nom.
Too much kraut is not good, just a dab.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hot links are supposed to be hot. Braum's are not hot.

I get them from a local grocery, a local butcher makes them. They is good and they is HOT.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Schwab's Extra Hot are truly the hottest I've had and have great flavor. The Mountain View are also very good, not very hot, but excellent flavor! (Mountain View has some of the best meats I've had, from steaks, sausage, ground beef, ect.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom