Best deal on 223 range ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdpete737

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Realize that this has likely been asked a thousand times. New to the site and bought my first AR15/223. Looking for the real "skinny" on ammo to have fun with without breaking the bank! Want to buy 1000 rd cases if that makes any difference.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you gun likes it, then the steel case, if not Wolf Gold is premo in all mine, but Freedom also has some reman that is cheap and brass.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't forget though that if you will be frequenting the local indoor range, they will not let you shoot the steel casing ammo.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Steel case or steel core? Different beasts. Never heard of a place that cared about the case... but XM193 is "penetrator" 5.56 with a steel core - it tears up their backdrops. The case shouldn't make a difference at all.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steel case or steel core? Different beasts. Never heard of a place that cared about the case... but XM193 is "penetrator" 5.56 with a steel core - it tears up their backdrops. The case shouldn't make a difference at all.

Of course gunworld in del city doesn't allow steel cased ammo and im pretty sure a range in Shawnee doesn't either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom